Req Comics Integration into XBMC
Is it possible to call CDisplay (or any other) as external viewer for specific extensions cbr/cbz in the meantime? The big problem is still that XBMC cannot do two-page.
i will love that i had 54gb of cbr/cbz

i remember a long time ago i had comics on xbmc but forget about that untill now i belive was Aeon nox but i cant be sure dont remenber know
I love reading comics on my tv, while I enjoy some music.
I have to disagree with the guy who said it is "so very stupid".
For me,it is not stupid at all.His judgement on the matter,on the other hand,is.
(2013-01-17, 12:09)Ned Scott Wrote: The formats are supported, but there's no library/metadata like there is for movies and TV shows.
Hence this request. As you are probably aware that Angelscry's Advanced Launcher addon has integrated scraping of Metadata and a library function.. so would it not be possible to integrate these into core functionality?
I believe this will give a further edge on other competitors AND lure further gazillions of comic fans both young & old.Tongue

And I know this reply has been more then 12 months in the making ..just forget about my own thread ..
Hello,

I'm waiting for this feature since a long time. The scrappers should use those websites (Like Comicrack does) :

https://www.bedetheque.com/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/

Here are some feature missing in Kodi for comics :

- Display covers in library icon instead of 4 boards
- Two pages display
- Fit page using width. Then push "next" button should scroll the page.
- Navigation bar to select current page
(2019-01-17, 11:50)bulubulubalabala Wrote: I'm waiting for this feature since a long time

Then you have indeed been waiting for quite some time, seeing the date of the post previous to yours.

It's simple, really. Team Kodi lacks the manpower and time, and quite possibly a bit of knowledge, to have Kodi go in yet another direction. Displaying a comic book is one thing, but users would also want the backend, as in metadata. It means not only having to create a comics database for Kodi, but also the subsequent maintenance of all the comic book source code in Kodi in all its glory for several years, hopefully. It's not a 24/7 job of course, but Kodi tends to swallow in lots of personal time from their people.

So if you know someone who is known to C++/Python programming and Github, and willing to spend lots of their time and efforts on this, let us know :o)
(2019-01-17, 11:50)bulubulubalabala Wrote: I'm waiting for this feature since a long time.
I have to revise my reply to you. Apparently as per the Kodi wiki, CBZ and CBR files were supported by (then) XBMC.

I have done a bit of testing on my Ubuntu Linux 16.04 machine and Kodi RC5.2, and although I couldn't get a .cbr file to work, a .cbz comics file did open in the Photo section, and displayed the various pages/images of the .cbz file. In single pages only, but the comics file is viewable.

No full metadata support or such, but it's a start. Smile

ADDENDUM: .cbr and .cbz files also work in Windows 10 with Kodi 18 RC5. For .cbr files, you will need to install the RAR support add-on.
(2019-01-17, 21:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-01-17, 11:50)bulubulubalabala Wrote: I'm waiting for this feature since a long time.
I have to revise my reply to you. Apparently as per the Kodi wiki, CBZ and CBR files were supported by (then) XBMC.

I have done a bit of testing on my Ubuntu Linux 16.04 machine and Kodi RC5.2, and although I couldn't get a .cbr file to work, a .cbz comics file did open in the Photo section, and displayed the various pages/images of the .cbz file. In single pages only, but the comics file is viewable.

No full metadata support or such, but it's a start. Smile

ADDENDUM: .cbr and .cbz files also work in Windows 10 with Kodi 18 RC5. For .cbr files, you will need to install the RAR support add-on. 
Kodi has had CBR/CBZ support for a long time .
AND There used to be time when using an addon ALL metadata was scraped as well. see this post here .
But Team-kodi never took this into adding support as native.
then even AngelsCry left & since then no further advance bar a once off update by spiralcut.
I can understand that this is not of that importance hence its OK.
Just use comicrack .
Hello
Thanks for those answers. I know it's possible with advanced launcher and CDisplay but I can't find any tutorial. I'm using ComickRack to manage my comics, but it's not installed on my HTPC and it's not possible to synchronise Comickrack with two PC. Reading metadata should be great, but the most important thing should be to improve the image navigation.
I have a very functional comic book library in a custom node, which keeps it separate from all of my other movies. This allows me to sort them by Series (set), publisher, title, release date, creator, genre, etc. I use Comic Rack to scrape, then export the comics with a metadata file which takes some time, but with Notepad++ I can quickly convert *most* of the .xml meta files into Kodi-compatibly .nfo files. The process has a few hang-ups--namely, properly sorting creators into actors and roles is time intensive, as can be translating volume to set. I'm not knowledgeable enough about programming and ComicVine API to write a scraper, but if somebody wanted to take the time to write an unofficial scraper which Kodi can interpret directly, that's all that would actually need to be done for those of us who want comic support. The rest can be handled with nodes and a little bit of work on the user's end.
(2019-02-13, 09:02)Kriven Wrote: I have a very functional comic book library in a custom node, which keeps it separate from all of my other movies. This allows me to sort them by Series (set), publisher, title, release date, creator, genre, etc. I use Comic Rack to scrape, then export the comics with a metadata file which takes some time, but with Notepad++ I can quickly convert *most* of the .xml meta files into Kodi-compatibly .nfo files. The process has a few hang-ups--namely, properly sorting creators into actors and roles is time intensive, as can be translating volume to set. I'm not knowledgeable enough about programming and ComicVine API to write a scraper, but if somebody wanted to take the time to write an unofficial scraper which Kodi can interpret directly, that's all that would actually need to be done for those of us who want comic support. The rest can be handled with nodes and a little bit of work on the user's end.
Kriven - Would tell me how you got metadata displayed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Comics Integration into XBMC2