Win Storing Videos & Plugin Question
Information 
Hi, I previously stored my movies on a dedicated samba drive with the top level folders labelled as my genre's.

I would then add my movies within their own folders, labelling them the same as the file-name and then placing them in their respected genre folders.

Once I had done that i would normally use Mikinho Yammm application to find their clip art and other information.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first thing I noticed when I installed and pointed XMBC to my dedicated movie drive was that the whole fanart.jpg vs background.jpg issue was immediately apparent, leaving me with no background images when I hovered over over a movie.

So I thought I'd do a new scan hoping to pick them up and all that did was organise my films within XMBC in to completely different genre's to which i use to have them or to how I physically had them stored within my physical folders.

So to cut a long story short, I've simply removed all of my folders with films in, from all of the genre folders that i had previously concocted and placed them on the empty drive..

for example

X:/Watch Out We're Mad (1974)/Watch Out We're Mad (1974).mkv

Now is that the BEST or RECOMMENDED way to go about it, simply loading all my films in their own folders all in the same place or drive?

Also, is their a way to download fanart all at the same time for all of my films?

Do you guys have any good plug-ins you can recommend I install while im sorting out my machine?

I did already have a look on wiki for my answer but the only thing I could see reference folders was the way to label them.

Nod

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Storing Videos & Plugin Question0