Help XIOS Pivos vs ATV 1
Hello everyone,

Ive been using XBMC back in the day with original xbox untill it couldn't handle movie qualities anymore (couple years ago)

Right now I'm using PLEX SERVER with LG LW5600 Media Link altho its great interface and all I miss my xbmc due to fact it played everything and could take screenshots etc. Plex cand play about 1/4 of movies not sure why but anything with DTS as this tv doesnt support it and anything with certain type of avc codec.

I stumbled upon ATV3 but it cant be jailbroken so its usless. ATV 2 is only 720p and 200$+ so its useless too.

So two best solutions are XIOS Pivos or ATV1 with Crystal HD card

I'm looking for couple things out of it first to play any video type at 1080p (up to 12GB file size for 3D)
Second Id want to be able to play music off of my iPhone on it (not sure if there is option for airplay in xbmc for xios)
HDMI connection, wired LAN to wireless router and a remote.

I'm disappointed by xios for not releasing tech specs like processor speed graphics card mhz and size or ram size and speed.

Could people with experience tell me which would be best option and why?

I'm a tech guy (soldering, installing not a prob)

Thank you!
(2012-11-10, 07:08)Kreten Wrote: I'm disappointed by xios for not releasing tech specs like processor speed graphics card mhz and size or ram size and speed.

All of those are unimportant when you rely on hardware video decode. But since you asked and can't seem to google Smile

Processor Speed:
M1 (900MHz to 300MHz)
M3 (1GHz to 100MHz)

GPU Speed:
400 MHz.

RAM, GPU ram is shared with CPU (as is with all ARMv7 setups):
M1 (512MB)
M3 (1GB)
(2012-11-10, 07:31)davilla Wrote:
(2012-11-10, 07:08)Kreten Wrote: I'm disappointed by xios for not releasing tech specs like processor speed graphics card mhz and size or ram size and speed.

All of those are unimportant when you rely on hardware video decode. But since you asked and can't seem to google Smile

Processor Speed:
M1 (900MHz to 300MHz)
M3 (1GHz to 100MHz)

GPU Speed:
400 MHz.

RAM, GPU ram is shared with CPU (as is with all ARMv7 setups):
M1 (512MB)
M3 (1GB)

Thanks, I did try to google it "specificatios" and "cpu spped" couldn't find where they have it.

Do you have a recomendation though?
pivos, all my atv1's are retired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help XIOS Pivos vs ATV 10