How do I make additional buttons on my Panasonic remote work?
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post something I've been doing with my RPi and my Panasonic TV for a few years now.

I discovered the CEC initialization of My Panasonic TV seems to disable the "control keys" on the remote. All I do is every time I've rebooted my RPi (or powered it on) and the CEC initialization has occurred, I then remove power from my TV and plug it back in. (It's easy for me as it's just a TV in my office on a wall mount with a power bar).

When I do this, miraculously the keys at the bottom of the remote work, until the RPi gets booted or power cycled again.

This to me tells me that I've got a bad setting (I've done nothing other than use the CEC setup on the RPi) or something needs to be changed.
(2015-10-10, 01:34)Bob_Carpenter Wrote: I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post something I've been doing with my RPi and my Panasonic TV for a few years now.

What is the model of the panasonic?
Thanks !
The method with the [ power button + 7 + 3 + stop] works also in TX-50EXW784 perfectly
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2014-06-16, 06:34)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: I have remote control model N2QAYB000715
the following worked

Press & hold power (there is no bottom power button, so this is the main one at the top)
press & hold stop (slightly different sequence to the above mentioned processs)
enter 73 
Thanks! 
This works on a Viera ST60.
(2015-10-10, 01:34)Bob_Carpenter Wrote: I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post something I've been doing with my RPi and my Panasonic TV for a few years now.

I discovered the CEC initialization of My Panasonic TV seems to disable the "control keys" on the remote. All I do is every time I've rebooted my RPi (or powered it on) and the CEC initialization has occurred, I then remove power from my TV and plug it back in. (It's easy for me as it's just a TV in my office on a wall mount with a power bar).

When I do this, miraculously the keys at the bottom of the remote work, until the RPi gets booted or power cycled again.

This to me tells me that I've got a bad setting (I've done nothing other than use the CEC setup on the RPi) or something needs to be changed.
This is an old thread, but wanted to mention that I failed to find the magic key sequence for my (rather old but nice) Panasonic-Viera-Th-37px80ea

Neither of the 2 sequences given in this thread seem to work. The "unplug" method does not work any better.

The manual does not mention any magic key sequence.

When the TV actually receives something from the remote, the green power led blinks, and this does not happen with the media playback keys, so I guess they just don't send anything to the TV.

I ended up remapping the color keys, but in case anybody sees this and found how to activate the damn keys, please let us know!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I make additional buttons on my Panasonic remote work?0