20 Nov 2019 - TVDB Scraper v3.2.0 is now available which reinstates scraping. TVDB are still in the process of fixing a number of bugs so there may still be further breakages. See this post. 2901570 (post)

How do I make additional buttons on my Panasonic remote work?
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post something I've been doing with my RPi and my Panasonic TV for a few years now.

I discovered the CEC initialization of My Panasonic TV seems to disable the "control keys" on the remote. All I do is every time I've rebooted my RPi (or powered it on) and the CEC initialization has occurred, I then remove power from my TV and plug it back in. (It's easy for me as it's just a TV in my office on a wall mount with a power bar).

When I do this, miraculously the keys at the bottom of the remote work, until the RPi gets booted or power cycled again.

This to me tells me that I've got a bad setting (I've done nothing other than use the CEC setup on the RPi) or something needs to be changed.
(2015-10-10, 01:34)Bob_Carpenter Wrote: I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post something I've been doing with my RPi and my Panasonic TV for a few years now.

What is the model of the panasonic?
Thanks !
The method with the [ power button + 7 + 3 + stop] works also in TX-50EXW784 perfectly
[1x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS @ OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) on NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 16.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2014-06-16, 06:34)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: I have remote control model N2QAYB000715
the following worked

Press & hold power (there is no bottom power button, so this is the main one at the top)
press & hold stop (slightly different sequence to the above mentioned processs)
enter 73 
Thanks! 
This works on a Viera ST60.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I make additional buttons on my Panasonic remote work?00