TVHeadend can't detect Technotrend CI-3650 CT dvb-T tuner
I have a problem with TVHeadend detecting the dvb-T part of my Technotrend CI-3650 CT tuner. In TVAdapters I only can select the dvb-C tuner, not the dvb-T tuner.
I'm running Raspbmc on Raspberry Pi.
I assumed it would work "out of the box", according to this link:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Te...CT-3650_CI
So then I added lines as described here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]
The log file says both tuners are initialized, even without the CI card inserted. But TVHeadend detects only the dvb-C tuner.
In Denmark dvb-T are decoded as MPEG4. So I added MPEG2 and VLC licenses to the config.txt, without any changes.
Is it nessesary to type in the licenses in Raspbmc settings? The licenses are not showned here.

The dvb-T tuner works fine with Windows 7 mediacenter.

What can be the problem?

Please help anyone!

NB:I'm a Linux novice, so please explain any suggestions in details...

Kind regards
Thomas
Look in /dev/dvb, do you have 2 adapter folders, or 1 with multiple tuner entries (dvr0, dvr1 etc..)

If its the later TVH will not currently work with such a setup. Some drivers have the option to make the separate tuners look like 2 adapters, however it sometimes depends on whether they are genuinely discrete tuners that can both be used simultaneously or not.

Adam
I only have one adapter folder:

pi@raspbmc:/dev/dvb$ ls
adapter0
pi@raspbmc:/dev/dvb$ cd adapter0
pi@raspbmc:/dev/dvb/adapter0$ ls
ca0 demux0 dvr0 frontend0 frontend1 net0

Furthermore it seems there is only tuner: dvr0

frontend0 frontend1 <- Those are two tuners. So TVH won't work with that setup.
I know - that my problem :-)

Any suggestions on how to make it work with both tuners?

Kind regards
Thomas
I think Begall pretty much covered it, the card has a single dvr interface (dvr0) and 2 tuners, this is a setup that TVH will not work with, it assumes that each adapter has just one tuner. The reasoning behind this is one of simplicity, adapters with multiple independent tuners can usually be configured to appear as multiple adapters.

Adapters, like yours, where the tuners are no independent (i.e. cannot be used simultaneously) are less common and require extra logic to properly deal with. For the reason that you cannot use frontend0 while frontend1 is in use etc...

I have this in my list of things I'd like to look at, but its quite low on my priority list. Feel free to stick something in redmine though.

Adam
Ok, thanks for explaining.

I'm only going to use the dvb-t part of the tuner. Is it possible to change the entries in /dev/dvb (or an other place) so I can use the dvb-T tuner instead of the dvb-C tuner?

/Thomas
As mentioned I only want to use the dvb-T part of the tuner.

Does anyone know if its possible to change the settings/entries, so the dvb-T tuner is used instead of the dvb-C tuner?

Kind regards
Thomas
Any ideas regarding this issue?
I have the same problem.

/Magnus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend can't detect Technotrend CI-3650 CT dvb-T tuner0