How should I handle this? (3rd monitor)
Hi,

This isn't really about configuring XBMC but I was hoping someone could help me come up with a cool solution for my problem. I'll try and keep this brief.

Here's my situation and workflow. My video card only supports 2 monitors at a time so I have to disable a monitor in order to use it. I have a shortcut that toggles my display settings using a 3rd party app called DisplayFusion. I can also set up a rule with this app to show XBMC only on the 3rd display but this rule only works if the 3rd display is active. So to watch a movie or tv show, I use my shortcut to toggle the display settings, then I run XBMC.

My goal is to keep XBMC running but hide it when I'm not watching anything. It should become visible again when the 3rd display becomes active. I mentioned the shortcut for changing displays because the solution could make use of this to mark when XBMC should be visible or not. In case you're wondering, I want to do this so that XBMC can receive notifications from sickbeard and also so that I don't have to wait for it to startup.

Any ideas?

PS: I'm too poor for a dedicated HTPC right now. When I graduate, get a job and buy a better TV, I'll look into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How should I handle this? (3rd monitor)0