• 27(current)
Confluence Modified
Hi All

Just bought a raspberry pi and have Confluence Modified installed and works really well without tweaking any of the overclocking bits.

A couple of questions that I have and hope someone can help?

1. Can the horizontal menu bar be moved down the screen?

2. Can you make a background picture for the menu items fill the whole screen? As at the bottom of the screen is a blank grey space

3. Is there any other settings I should turn off to make more responsive?

Thanks

Mark
(2013-10-17, 17:35)SouthMark Wrote: 1. Can the horizontal menu bar be moved down the screen?

2. Can you make a background picture for the menu items fill the whole screen? As at the bottom of the screen is a blank grey space

1) No, addons and now playing information are there
2) If fills the whole screen but the floor graphic is on top of it, and i'm not going to remove it
3) Disable widgets that you don't need. But to be honest i don't know if it makes any difference.
Hi Spacemonkey

Thanks for the response, so from within the GUI it's not possible but what about editing one of the XML files to achieve my requirements? Is it possible? If so which XMLs do I need to edit

Thanks

Mark
(2013-10-17, 17:35)SouthMark Wrote: Hi All

Just bought a raspberry pi and have Confluence Modified installed and works really well without tweaking any of the overclocking bits.

Thanks

Mark

This is one of the most responsive (non-stock) skins that I've found on the Pi.

You should overclock at least a little if you're looking for more responsiveness. The settings I use successfully on both my Pi's (which are not even as high as the Pi foundation allow without affecting warranty!) that have been stable for the last 8 months or so are:

arm_freq=800
core_freq=300
sdram_freq=400
over_voltage=0

Specify this in the config.txt file on the SD card (I use a Lexar Class 6 card) by plugging the card into a PC.

More info on Pi config.txt here:
http://elinux.org/RPiconfig

Note: it's just a Pi; an HTPC will always deliver much more performance. At many times the cost, though ;-)
Home.xml for the floor graphic, includes.xml for removing the addon reflections, IncludesHorizontalHome.xml for moving the menu down

Good luck by the way Cool
Cheers Guys, really appreciated. I must say on the Pi this skin really works well and has some clever bits and pieces built in, which you may have thought was designed for a Pi

I love it

Cheers

Mark
Hi would i be possible to have the Stats on the home menu so i can see how many movies and tv shows / episodes i have in my collection i like to keep track on how big my collection is getting
Maybe.
Are you going to enable custom backgrounds for custom menu items like in previous versions?
Every other background can be changed except these and I cant roll back to an earlier version cos I reinstalled.
Or is there somewhere I can download an old version and do it that way?
Brilliant skin but a bit broken as is, all others dont look as nice.
Cheers Wink
Looks like i had a major brainfart there. Will fix.
Hi Spacemonkey

I have edited the IncludesHorizontalHome.xml for moving the menu bar down changed to 610 and worked a treat
Now I have 2 other questions which then will make this skin perfect for the Pi

Floor Graphic (Home.xml) what setting should be modified?

The 3 buttons above the main menu bar which I have moved down also needs to be moved down, what file needs to be edited and what is the setting?

Thanks

Mark

(2013-10-17, 19:33)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Home.xml for the floor graphic, includes.xml for removing the addon reflections, IncludesHorizontalHome.xml for moving the menu down

Good luck by the way Cool
Something I've noticed with Gotham... on the left slide-out panel in TV or Movies "Actions" / "update" is missing. I saw this when I tried to use the old JX720 skin also.
cool mod
I know, changes are needed to make any skin made for Frodo fully compatible with Gotham features.

I plan to make those changes at some point.
Hi Spacemonkey

Any chance you could answer my question above? I would be really greatful

Thanks

Mark
What kind of shitstorm would i raise if the new vertical widgets would be the only widgets available for horizontal home?

• 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Modified4