• 47(current)
Confluence Modified
Hi Guys

While all waiting for the CM skin below is something you guys can do to get Extra Fab Arts cycle within Movies folder. I have updated this for Gotham 13.2 and tested and working on Pi and MAC.

Step1: Get a copy of default Confluence copied from below location in to "addons" folder (Where all Skins and other Addons you download will go)

Default Confluence Skin Location:
Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/
Ubuntu Linux (alternative):: /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/
OS X: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p
Windows 7/8.1: Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

Step2: Change the name to something else (like skin.confluence2) and apply the same name to id tag and name tag in addon.xml which is within skin.confluence2 folder (id="skin.confluence2" / name="Confluence2")

Step3: Add below code to the MyVideoNav.xml within 720p folder below the line <include>CommonBackground</include>

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
            <!--<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> -->
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]/extrafanart</imagepath>
            <timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <fadetime>1000</fadetime>
        </control>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]../extrafanart</imagepath>
            <visible>Container.Content(episodes)</visible>
        </control>

Step3: Reboot the XBMC and change the Skin to name you put in step 2 (Confluence2) via settings --> Appearance --> Skin

This is a cool feature to have until CM is available.......
(2014-08-07, 13:39)tomtomclub Wrote: https://copy.com/ryIscTULk6YV

adapted cotham

Thank you very much for the skin Smile, it is really helpfull to get such a light and customizable skin. I thing the best skin for the Rpi.
It works perfectly on Gotham on my Raspberry pi!

who is the person on this forum that adapted the skin?
(2014-08-27, 13:31)sniferx1 Wrote: Hi Guys

While all waiting for the CM skin below is something you guys can do to get Extra Fab Arts cycle within Movies folder. I have updated this for Gotham 13.2 and tested and working on Pi and MAC.

Step1: Get a copy of default Confluence copied from below location in to "addons" folder (Where all Skins and other Addons you download will go)

Default Confluence Skin Location:
Ubuntu Linux: /home/<username>/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/
Ubuntu Linux (alternative):: /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/
OS X: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/skin.confluence/720p
Windows 7/8.1: Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

Step2: Change the name to something else (like skin.confluence2) and apply the same name to id tag and name tag in addon.xml which is within skin.confluence2 folder (id="skin.confluence2" / name="Confluence2")

Step3: Add below code to the MyVideoNav.xml within 720p folder below the line <include>CommonBackground</include>

Code:
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <!--<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio> -->
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]/extrafanart</imagepath>
        </control>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]../extrafanart</imagepath>
            <visible>Container.Content(episodes)</visible>
        </control>

Step3: Reboot the XBMC and change the Skin to name you put in step 2 (Confluence2) via settings --> Appearance --> Skin

This is a cool feature to have until CM is available.......

thanks

adapted cotham

So I updated to Gotham finally and Confluence Modified worked just fine. Just missing some of the updated elements that were implemented in Gotham from Frodo. So I tried installing this mod and now everything works. 3D and Subs menu's show up in video's. Thank you for whatever you did. I couldn't be happier.
SpaceMonkey, you might want to ask tomtomclub if you can post his gotham update of your mod to the 1st page so its easy for people to find. Doesnt look like you need to do any work on this for Gotham now.
I did a little something extra though. I replaced the textures with the Confluence Flat textures.. So now I have Confluence Modified Flat on Gotham. looks perfect and works perfect. Here are some screen shots.

watch gallery
Don't say that. Not everything works. You can't manually search for subtitles. SpaceMonkey don't listen to him. We need you.
(2014-09-11, 00:41)Set845 Wrote: Don't say that. Not everything works. You can't manually search for subtitles. SpaceMonkey don't listen to him. We need you.

Well if your media has sub tracks, you don't need to search for subs. But you can switch between them.
(2014-09-11, 13:05)PimpTwzt Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 00:41)Set845 Wrote: Don't say that. Not everything works. You can't manually search for subtitles. SpaceMonkey don't listen to him. We need you.

Well if your media has sub tracks, you don't need to search for subs. But you can switch between them.

And if they don't? Just because you're satisfied with the current state of this skin doesn't mean everything is working in Gotham.
(2014-09-11, 19:31)Set845 Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 13:05)PimpTwzt Wrote:

And if they don't? Just because you're satisfied with the current state of this skin doesn't mean everything is working in Gotham.

Install a sub plugin, download subs manually by going to any sub website and place in the same folder as your media and name it the same, remux or re-encode your media with subs, rip your media to rip the subs as well. All kinds of options there.
(2014-09-13, 01:21)PimpTwzt Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 19:31)Set845 Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 13:05)PimpTwzt Wrote: Well if your media has sub tracks, you don't need to search for subs. But you can switch between them.

Install a sub plugin, download subs manually by going to any sub website and place in the same folder as your media and name it the same, remux or re-encode your media with subs, rip your media to rip the subs as well. All kinds of options there.

I got subtitles searching working a while ago in this skin under Gotham by 'grafting' it from stock Confluence. See my post here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1700190
Quick question (or maybe not that quick Smile ) - love this mod of confluence, however, I would like to change one thing...
when in TV Shows in the Home page I had the Recommended list displayed and it shows the listitem.icon (which returns a capture of the episode) while I would like to simply display the tv show's poster instead...

I tried all type of variations instead of the listitem.icon however, none returns the poster of the tv show's episode.

Any ideas on what should I do?

--- Solution: apparently need to change the file creating the list (to retrieve thshow.poster in stead of thumb) ---
Is there any liklihood that this skin will be updated to work with the latest (beta) version of Kodi? It is listed as incompatible in Skins now which is a shame as it's the perfect skin to use with a Raspberry Pi.
(2014-09-29, 19:04)Trixster Wrote: Is there any liklihood that this skin will be updated to work with the latest (beta) version of Kodi? It is listed as incompatible in Skins now which is a shame as it's the perfect skin to use with a Raspberry Pi.

Probably not, the author seems to have lost interest or has more important things on their mind.

However I'm still using it on a Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC 4.2.0 (Gotham v13.2)

Install an older version of OE (been awhile but I think I used OpenELEC-RPi.arm-3.2.4) then install Confluence Modified and it's dependencies (should do it automatically) then update to current OpenELEC. Confluence Modified seems to come along for the ride with no problems. Works for me anyways.
Confluence Modified was workingok with Helix up until about a week ago. Is there any way to force it to work again?

adapted cotham

How do I install this skin since its a tgz and not zip file

Dont know if theres another way but I just converted tgz to zip and it worked
I am sure this is a basic question but it has me stumped!

How do I use fanart in the main menu?

I also notice that on the menu settings for some items it lets me choose "Use Live Backgrounds", whereas it is greyed out for other items. I'm not sure why, or what this does anyway?
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Modified4