Win Menu Display Corruption
I've had a failure on my HTPC and had to rebuild it (motherboard and chip). I've also re-installed the OS (Win 8 x64) and then XBMC. The problem I am now having is I can getting random screen corruptions as shown below:

The appear more on this screen (the main TV page) but I do get the odd ones here and there. They appear the most on the AEON NOX skin but have got them with Confluence. I have never had this problem before and the graphics card is the same one as before (ATI Radeon HD 5450) with the latest drivers.

Has anyone seen this before or got any clue how to resolve itHuh Confused Confused
looks like a graphics driver issue or graphics card issue (heat problem!)
HTPC: MS-Tech CI-70, ASRock H61M-ITX, Intel G630T, 4GB RAM, 60GB SSD, Win10 x64
I have the same issue with windows 7 x64 both with xbmc eden recently and now with frodo. Was going to post screenshots but the corruption looks much like what the OP posted.

I have a low profile ati 6450 card, silent without fan.

I thought it may be a temperature issue, but the htpc system remains very cool according to speedfan ratings. ATI CCC reports the video card temperature at going no more than 52 or 53 C, which really shouldn't be enough to cause issues.

I have not seen any corruption in the confluence skin, but have seen it with the others I have tried- aeon nox, transparency etc.

No issues with actual video playback, just on the menus and backdrops.

I use this system a lot for watching tv in windows media center, and have never had a graphical issue like this outside of XBMC.

Things I have tried-

1) Used driver cleaner program to remove all ATI drivers and re installed with both the latest drivers and older 12 series drivers.
2) Set ATI's CCC to use both video color settings, and the default settings controlled by CCC.
3) Reinstalled XBMC Frodo and deleted my user settings folder and started from scratch. Happens even with a fresh install and brand new library.
4) Tried just about every resolution and video setting in the XBMC setting menus.

I am clueless about what could be causing this, I am hoping more people report the issue and we can figure it out.

My htpc that I built also had onboard intel hd graphics which I tested, and I do not see the same problem in XBMC.

I miss my fancy skins and am thinking of trying a low profile Nvidia card.
Actually, I believe this does not happen with Catalyst drivers 12.3 afterall.

I once again cleaned out all the drivers and installed the older ati package. Perhaps the last time the driver did not properly get removed, but I have not seen any corruption the past few hours. I'll update if I do.

I think this may be related to an issue people have been having lately with frodo, the recent ati drivers, and windows 8, with corrupted fonts and missing menus. Hopefully, they sort out the issue with the 13 series drivers soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Display Corruption0