• 14(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
@jr88 see post 65
Just a note to everyone. It looks like the person who took over the development of the Hue addon is actively working on it again. Ive been speaking with him about my request to add a "turn on" function over on his Github page. He's released a beta .08 that also seems to have addressed the issues with auto discovery. I haven't been able to auto connect in months but this new beta seems to have fixed that:

https://github.com/michaelrcarroll/scrip...t/releases
Sounds good,
Will go over there and also request a option to choose a scene.
When you start paying a movie.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2015-12-16, 17:15)Hardax Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 12:53)Bjur Wrote: Thanks for your quick reply dw2014. I would like to use it like Philips Ambilight TV where it changes color from what is on the screen.
But I have read a thread stated there was too much delay when using Hue and Kodi.
I was hoping the Living Color Iris could be used like the hue system also.

Bjur. I believe you can control the Iris just like any other Hue light:

http://www.simply-leds.com.au/blog-conne...lours-iris

As far as using anything Hue based as a real Ambilight, For movies or fast beat music I find the delay just to much. Its not immersive at all in my opinion.

Do you know which one?
I've looked at this one.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B009567Q...KAKR8XB7XF
anyone?
That iris is also able to connect to your hue,
But not as easy as the model special designed for the hue.
I believe you need to connect your remote to the hue and then you're able to use the iris with scenes from hue and everything else.
But to accomplish this I believe you need to reset your hub.
What also would make you loose your pre defined scenes/settings.
Need to wait till I'm home to provide you a link how it's done.
But using it like your ambilight tv you will notice that the lamps have lag.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
okay thanks for the answer.
i had this working at one point and then i got a new router and now it doesnt work. The hue strips work on my phone as usual but not with kodi.

i got kodi to recognize the bridge and connect to it.

the only problem is that ambilight or theater mode both dont change the color of the led strips behind the tv when i play any video file.

im running the latest kodi 17 beta.

i upgraded to beta because the kodi 15 also stopped working. i thought that would fix the issue but it didnt.

edit

i download the beta 0.8 zip file, installed it and configured but i still cant get theater or ambilight to work

here is the log error:

22:40:03 T:123145313726464 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'flash_light'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/JonathanOfri/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b1/default.py", line 744, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File "/Users/JonathanOfri/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b1/default.py", line 201, in __init__
self.flash_lights()
File "/Users/JonathanOfri/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-0.8b1/default.py", line 268, in flash_lights
self.light.flash_light()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'flash_light'
-->End of Python script error report<--

can some please help?
0.8beta1 does indeed solve bridge detection and connection. However, the script then only manages to control the light with id #1. All other lamps don't respond. That's probably an easy fix.
I also need to go to options every time my htpc reboots. Otherwise the theatre mode is not activated when starting a movie/series. I.e. lights are not dimmed.
(2015-12-22, 13:52)Bjur Wrote: anyone?

So I have this model and yesterday I tried to set it up with Hue using several instruction sets - I basically spent the whole day and the closest I could get was that the Living colors remote would turn on and off all my hue bulbs but then the Hue bridge could not control any of the bulbs.

I gave up but in order to restore things back to the way they were before I had to get the serial numbers from all of my hue bulbs and then manually enter them into the Hue app.

I then had to re-authenticate the Kodi Hue plugging and reconfigure the tools.py script because all of the lights and groups were now on different IDs

After all of that I think its probably easier to just go and buy the hue bloom or the hue remote
did anyone else find that this addon just stopped working on jan 1 2016?
No, in fact bugs appear to be fixed.
Hi,

Just received a Philips Hue Beyond table lamp and latest Hue Bridge 2.0

Downloaded add-on 0.8 beta 2 and installed the zip file, then configured the add-on to use it as an Ambilight with 2 lights (Hue Beyond top and bottom can be separately activated).

Works as expected, now I have nice Ambilight effects when watching a movie on Kodi (16.0 beta 4) Smile
Any way of just dimming/undimming the Hues, when the movie starts and is stopped? (Like in the cinema?)
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0