• 9(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on

Here is how i set the bloom near the TV.
Great, it work :-)

here is the line :
curl.exe -i -X POST -H "content-type:application/json" -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"Addons.SetAddonEnabled\",\"params\":{\"addonid\":\"script.xbmc.hue.ambilight\",\"enabled\":\"toggle\"},\"id\":1}" http://localhost/jsonrpc > NUL 2>&1

the difference was in the ' and " i thing

but now, i have another question : i had to dsabled the webserver because of crashing (cf. hélix 14.1 release info).

Don't have time today... will continue tomorrow, but thanks nickr :-)))
Ive been trying to get the phillips hue ambient light addon working but every time i try i get an error the the script failed i downloaded the zip file from github and ins5alled it from the zip file what am i missing. This is running on a win 7 machine

Thanks in advance

Ken
can you tell us what is your error ? Do you enabled log ?

I also have the script running on a win7 machine, and i dont get error.

which script do you use ? There is the basic and the ambilight ? Both works, but i use ambilight.
Hi ppl,

just got my HUE lights and installed all.

I installed the addon as provided on https://github.com/hardyt/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight (both zip files).
Installation went smooth (no visible errors) and addon is visible within Kodi.
The addon recognises the HUE bridge (correct IP) and saves all settings. I choose the Ambilight setup.

However, when playing a movie, nothing happens with the HUE lamp (I test with 1 lamp). The lamp itself works (I know for sure because it's showing blue light now).
I double checked by rebooting my KODI setup, viewing the log files (enabled the HUE debug log), but cannot find any clue why it's not working.

Could somebody please provide me with directions?
Thank you for your support!
Never got the addon to find the bridge Sad

When you install the "request" Add-on, it gets updated for me, same for you ? Or you kept the github version ?
c0mm0n: Thinks so that's getting updated. The downloaded zip version show 1.1.0 but when you look into KODI addons, it shows 2.4.3 for me. Is this what you are looking for?
Oebel : i had the same issue at the beginning, and i try on another computer with kodi, and it works

How many light do you configure in the setup ? I remember, when i put ALL, there was nothing, but when i choose 2 lamps, it works correctly.

Are you in ambilight or Theater mode ?

Do you have your light ON before launching a video ?

I had some problem with 1080p video : video not smooth and sometime no light, or just a flash a the beginning.

I change, in the kodi setup, the video render to use software decoding instead of DXVA or GPU decoding.
(2015-02-10, 12:50)Oebel Wrote: Hi ppl,

just got my HUE lights and installed all.

I installed the addon as provided on https://github.com/hardyt/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight (both zip files).
Installation went smooth (no visible errors) and addon is visible within Kodi.
The addon recognises the HUE bridge (correct IP) and saves all settings. I choose the Ambilight setup.

However, when playing a movie, nothing happens with the HUE lamp (I test with 1 lamp). The lamp itself works (I know for sure because it's showing blue light now).
I double checked by rebooting my KODI setup, viewing the log files (enabled the HUE debug log), but cannot find any clue why it's not working.

Could somebody please provide me with directions?
Thank you for your support!
@Oebel: i've found out, you need to change in System Setting under Video the decoding on software instead of hardware. this should then work.

with 1080p there are some performance problems, 720p works fine. any recommendations how to solve that or will this be fixed in future?
Thank you fabd & bugzilla for the input and directions.

Turns out that testing with 1 lightbulb is not smart Smile When adding all 3 to my setup, I found that the lamp ID was not correctly set in Kodi. Therefore my Kodi setup was working, but not giving the correct signal to the right lamp ID.

For other people in the future: place all 3 lightbulbs in your resp. lights and start testing from there. Bulb 1 isn't always lamp ID 1 in KODI.

Thanks people for your help. Even 1080 movies work great on my NUC.

The plugin is awesome Wink (perhaps small request: could it be possible to use Ambilight plugin for Milkdrop visuals? ) Big Grin

Thanks.
Is everyone reverting back to software decoding when using the addon? My Kodi is running on a home server with a small CPU so I am depended on hardware decoding on the GPU.
(2015-02-11, 14:38)theSilent Wrote: Is everyone reverting back to software decoding when using the addon? My Kodi is running on a home server with a small CPU so I am depended on hardware decoding on the GPU.
i'm runing kodi 14.0 on a Minix Neo X8-H X8H Plus.
with hardware acceleration = plugin doesn't work (only teather mode, not the ambilight)
with software acceleration = plugin works (both modes), but 1080p movies are not watchable (stuttering, pixel...)

i need to see if there's a way to tweak the software acceleration, but i'd rather than leave hardware acc. in future instead of using the ambilight plugin ConfusedSadUndecided
unless, there's a workarround?
(2015-02-11, 15:31)bugzilla Wrote: with hardware acceleration = plugin doesn't work (only teather mode, not the ambilight)
with software acceleration = plugin works (both modes), but 1080p movies are not watchable (stuttering, pixel...)

Is this the case for everybody (i.e. does the plugin only work with software decoder in general)? If so, this could become a show stopper for me Sad
TheSilent,:

I run Kodi on a intel NUC (DN2820FYKH) with hardware acceleration with absolut no problems. Works excellent for me.
(2015-02-12, 08:50)Oebel Wrote: TheSilent,:

I run Kodi on a intel NUC (DN2820FYKH) with hardware acceleration with absolut no problems. Works excellent for me.

ok, good to know, so it does not seem to be a general limitation. Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0