• 2(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
I bought a Hue starter kit the other day and set it up on Friday night.

It was dead simple.

The addon in this thread (the non ambilight addon) works just great to dim the lights. Would be nice to have a remote controllable override, as we don't ALWAYS want the lights down when playing something. IE press a button on the remote and the lights come back up.

Other than that, brilliant!!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Finally got my own Hue. Love it so far. Using the add-on. I wish it integrated with cinema experience so I could have the lights dim during previews and then off for the main feature.

I'll continue to experiment with it
(2013-10-08, 05:10)ntzeke Wrote: Finally got my own Hue. Love it so far. Using the add-on. I wish it integrated with cinema experience so I could have the lights dim during previews and then off for the main feature.

That can't be hard to do.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-08, 07:02)nickr Wrote:
(2013-10-08, 05:10)ntzeke Wrote: Finally got my own Hue. Love it so far. Using the add-on. I wish it integrated with cinema experience so I could have the lights dim during previews and then off for the main feature.

That can't be hard to do.

It seems simple - I just can't seem to figure out the dim during previews portion. Any tips? Eventghost?
I don't have cinema experience, but look at it's code (or ask in the cinema experience thread) and find where it starts the preview and insert a line to dim the lights.
(2013-10-09, 20:44)nickr Wrote: I don't have cinema experience, but look at it's code (or ask in the cinema experience thread) and find where it starts the preview and insert a line to dim the lights.

giftie is very accommodating! he is an awesome contributor to the community.
-blush-
Did work on this awesome add-on stop?

br
Troels
The add-on works.
Only issue I have with the ambilight version is that it lags my playback I even get several drops.
Even when using the theater mode.
If I use the simple version that only dims the light I don't have any issue with it.
My HTPC should be fast enough to handle it.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Lights off version works fine here and constantly wows my in-laws.
I could not get either of the add-ons to work. The "ambilight" one I can't even get to register its install, I find the zip file's location, press enter (hit ok) and it just closes that window, but no other pop up comes up. As far as the "cinema experience," the add on gets installed. I look for the bridge, it tells me it "failed" even though it does find the correct ip address for the bridge... Anyhow, it seemed like it had worked despite the failed message. I restart XBMC, it loads the Hue add on, but nothing happens when I play it.

I'm on frodo, 12.2

Any ideas?
Did you press the button on the bridge when it was searching?
I'm considering trying this out.
What is the CPU load in ambilight mode like?
I suspect sampling every frame and calculating the color average would be quite CPU intensive.
My poor passively cooled A10 would probably overheat after a few minutes.
Try it.
My i5 didn't have any high cpu loads.
And my gpu didn't either.
But I still got drops when watching something.
Even when using the theater mode.
Switched to the simple version that dims the light when a movie starts.
Planning to build my own ambilight for my tv.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I haven't tried the ambilight plugin, but the delay inherent in the hue wouldn't be as good as a proper ambilight setup.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0