• 7(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
In Theatre mode the add-on will dim your lights as a movie starts playing, and increases the brightness when you're done. Just as described above.

Ambilight mode turns your Philips Hue in a room-sized ambilight.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I want to use the script.xbmc.hue-master with my 2 Hue Lux. But it will not work.
When starting the script it finds my master and i push the blue button. Then comes and error and the lights do not get controlled.

Found this in the kodi.log:
-----------------------------------------
00:37:24 T:20344 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('hue',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.hue-master\default.py, line 152, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings)
File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.hue-master\default.py", line 67, in __init__
self.update_settings()
File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.hue-master\default.py", line 124, in update_settings
self.light = Group(self.settings.bridge_ip, self.settings.bridge_user)
File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.hue-master\resources\lib\tools.py", line 117, in __init__
Light.__init__(self, bridge_ip, bridge_user, 2)
File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.hue-master\resources\lib\tools.py", line 72, in __init__
self.get_current_setting()
File "C:\Users\mce\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmc.hue-master\resources\lib\tools.py", line 88, in get_current_setting
"hue": j['state']['hue'],
KeyError: ('hue',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

How do i fix this?
I would think that th8s is related to the lux bulbs. I have kinect controllers that trigger hue lights and the lux bulbs raised havoc on my system with them added until the developer fixed it. There must be something different with return info from 5he lux bulbs.
I can get only 1 out of 4 lights to work. doesnt matter what settings i switch.
(2015-02-03, 03:36)stabu Wrote: I can get only 1 out of 4 lights to work. doesnt matter what settings i switch.

This is the most meaningless post ever. Is there an award?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
FYI binary addon packages are now available for the music visualization: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217183
I got this up and running today, Kodi 14.1 on a rooted FireTv and the latest version of the addon. The lights work great but it has caused a 5-10 drop in FPS when watching movies (stored on a local NAS in a share file) CPU usage hasn't seen much of an increase, at least not enough that I think it would cause issues. Any suggestions?

Edit: does it in theater mode as well, which I would assume shouldn't cripple video playback. Once the addon is disabled all goes back to normal.
Which addon? I assume the ambilight one, but you don't actually say.

If so, there is obviously quite a lot of processing involved. Possibly your FTV is just too inadequate to do the processing.
Here's a solution for some people who cannot get this to work.

Discussion: this plugin requires the lights to be in an {"on":true} state before playback begins. The plugin is also not nice in that it does not restore the lights to their pre-video settings.

Impact: My lights are normally off, so the plugin appeared to not work. The plugin would also make the lights garishly bright, washed out green at the stop of the video.

Suggested improvement: I made some modifications so it now functions in my particular case. The changes begin with #th comments. https://github.com/hardyt/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight. Ambilight works when I play video. The lights are returned to their original state on stop, pause, or end. I may take the time to configure this as an option, but probably not anytime soon.
(2015-02-03, 20:20)nickr Wrote: Which addon? I assume the ambilight one, but you don't actually say.

If so, there is obviously quite a lot of processing involved. Possibly your FTV is just too inadequate to do the processing.

Yes the Amibilight addon. The CPU cores are far from maxed out, they only increased about 5% with the addon enabled. The "Theater" mode causes the exact same frame drop issue, I would think this mode would be much less CPU intensive leading me to believe that it in't a limitation of the AFTV processing power.
Should we move this thread to the hardware sub-forum or an add-on help sub-forum?
It's possibly got past the 'feature suggestion' stage.
I came across this recently and really like the idea so I'm considering. I don't have any Hue lights yet, so are there any recommendations on which lights work best for ambilight? Hue light bulbs, LightStrip or LivingColors Bloom?

Thanks for any advice! I didn't really find anything on this.
Well the bulbs certainly work. The bloom, I think I saw here a page or so back some errors reported?
If I would go with the bulbs, how many and in which setup do make sense? One or more directly behind the TV (in different directions?)?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0