• 11(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
(2015-03-05, 22:11)rippmaster13 Wrote: i solved it by adding my hue ip in .py file.

but it dims down to puickly. dim transition is nice when the movie stops. (10sec dim transition).
but how to make that slow fade also apply to the dim down transition?

can you please tell me where exactly to put my hue ip in .py file.

cheers
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
its in (c:/ users/pcname/appdata/roaming/kodi/resources/lib/tools.py
(the path may vary by computer).

in that file (opened with an editor that can read .py files) there is something called "bridge ip" and "bridge user" just with quotation marks put the "ip" and "user" and save.

also, install both addons (script thing and hue thing) as said in the start of the thread.
ps is there a way for dim lights from max to zero to take a few seconds? (slow dim down) can i edit any .py file to make that happen?
The file resources/lib/tools.py seems to specify a transitiontime.

It seems to be set to 4 (presumably seconds).

You could manually change this, or make a setting for it (more complex transitions).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ok i will check. alltho im having a feeling that transition time is only for wakeup after movie is finished :/
So how does
Code:
def dim_light(self, bri):
    #self.get_current_setting()
    #dimmed = '{"on":true,"bri":0,"transitiontime":4}'
    dimmed = '{"on":true,"bri":%s,"transitiontime":4}' % bri
    self.set_light(dimmed)
fit in with your theory?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-06, 04:26)rippmaster13 Wrote: its in (c:/ users/pcname/appdata/roaming/kodi/resources/lib/tools.py
(the path may vary by computer).

in that file (opened with an editor that can read .py files) there is something called "bridge ip" and "bridge user" just with quotation marks put the "ip" and "user" and save.

also, install both addons (script thing and hue thing) as said in the start of the thread.

thank you, i have found another workaround already:
enabling Wait for network before starting Kodi ( OpenELEC ) fixed my problem without editing .py file.
why do i need both script.xbmc.hue.ambilight & script.xbmc.hue? currently i have only the 1st one installed and it seems ok.

cheers
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
Heart 
I am running kodi 14 helix on a gbox q android box. The plugin finds the bridge and the lights correctly. Problem is that in amblight mode, when movie starts, the one light that I have set to function simply turns ver light and then just stays that way til the end of the movie. At that point it reverts back to color it was before movie started. Is this an android incompatibility thing? Or am I doing something wrong? I installed both the requests and amblight downloads. Thanks
Lightbulb 
I did some more reading and found a hint to fix my problem. I changed the video settings from hardware accelerated to software. Works perfectly now! Love it!
when editing TOOLS.py the lights wont dim at all. I think its wrong?

this is how the file looks after setting 4 as suggested above. But instead of dimming down the lights just remain on. ?? help...
------------------------------------

def dim_light(self):
if not self.livingwhite and self.override_hue:
dimmed = '{"on":true,"bri":%s,"hue":%s,"transitiontime":4}' % \
(self.dimmed_bri, self.dimmed_hue, self.dim_time)
self.hueLast = self.dimmed_hue
else:
dimmed = '{"on":true,"bri":%s,"transitiontime":4}' % \
(self.dimmed_bri, self.dim_time)
self.valLast = self.dimmed_bri
self.set_light(dimmed)
if self.dimmed_bri == 0:
off = '{"on":false}'
self.set_light(off)
----------------------------------------------------------------
see post above. been trying to get the "dim down" from bright to nothing with a slow transition time. The only transitiontime that works is back again from totally dimmed. From full light to dimmed goes in 1 second.

i want that transition time to be like 4 or 5 seconds.

when editing "tools.py" like above nothing happends. IE the lights wont dim/undim at all. im guessing ive done something wrong when trying to edit the file? any insight here would be enourmusly appriciated. maby eaven a gift of some gold?
Hey guys, first of all stunning script, working marvelous (using theatre only) but I'm trying to accomplish something, that seems to be impossible atm.

I have set up HUE lamps and bulbs in the following way:
1 bulb in the floor (glass door so this one is still visible from the living room)
2 bulbs in the roof lamp in the living room
2 philips living colors iris in the living room (one in the front one in the rear)
1 philips living colors in the bedroom

What I did first is to organize them in groups:
all bulbs are group 1
living colors in the living room are group 2
living colors in the bedroom no group

What I want to do now is the following:
When a video in kodi starts I want group 1 to dim and turn off
and I want group 2 to dim but stay on on the lowest brightness level

But so far I can only set a rule for one group!
Is there any way to add a second (or maybe even more) group rules?

I'm not a coder so I have no idea of python or what so ever, I really rely on someone in here who hopefully might like and could use my idea of extending this awesome script.
Looking forward to read from you
thanks in advance
So I've been looking g for a bias light solution that changes based on each frames color. Came across this thread which looks like what I'm looking for. The philip hue bulbs are expensive but im considering as this seems to be a plug and play solution. Does anyone notice considerable lag when using the realtime dynamic bias light mode? Has anyone tried this with the dsplayer branch?
There is (sadly) about 1second lag.
The mobile app that uses the camera (filming the tv) is quicker with maby half asecond lag.

as ambilight you cant go wrong with lightpack (lightpack.tv) instead (if you just want quick response ambilight)
Rippmaster have you used or know anybody that's used lightpack? I take it it works good even with Kodi? I'm like the previous poster. I saw a commercial about hue light and got interested in how it can add to the viewing experience.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0