• 16(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
Anyone got this working with the latest kodi release, Jarvis?

Im trying to get this to work with my lightstrips v2 from Philips Hue.

(2016-02-16, 09:59)fritsch Wrote: I ported the Addon to version 17 and made it work with LiveTV (vnsi / tvheadend) I sent a PullRequest to the new maintainer.

Got any response from the creator?
(2016-02-16, 09:59)fritsch Wrote: I ported the Addon to version 17 and made it work with LiveTV (vnsi / tvheadend) I sent a PullRequest to the new maintainer.

Hi fritsch,

thank you very much for adressing the LiveTV issue. Unfortunately somehow this doesn't work for me. I grabbed the whole "default.py" from your pull request, but my hue lights are still not trggered when watching live tv (movies and series work). I am using Kodi Jarvis.Do you have an Idea how to troubleshoot?

Thanks to everyone making this addon, I am really enjoying it.

Kind Regards
Michael
I only run kodi v17.

Troubleshoot: Check the code I added and see if it hits: https://github.com/fritsch/script.kodi.h...d077fdf859 by adding a Debug Log print or something.

Works perfectly fine here. I am using vnsi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Does anyone have a color chart or converter so I can better understand what color the 5 digits mean. Trying to get the dimmed theater color to either 6500k or a warmer light but I can't figure out what numbers they are on that 5 digit scale.
Thanks!
Ambilight doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.

Lights dim down as expected but the ambilight bulb changes to one colour and stays there. [PENSIVE FACE]
After some work I got it all up and running (Hue + Cinema Experience). Now, there are 2 things that bother me and I'm not sure wether this has been discussed earlier, anyway; I couldn't find it Smile

- First thing: The on/off switching is anything but smooth. When I set the transition time to 0 it switches of immediately, but when I set it to eg. 6 seconds it switches of 6 seconds after the movie starts (no transition, just 6 secs delay).

- Then second, before the movie starts I let Cinema Experience play 1 Cinema Intro and 3 trailers. This works. But the lights switch on and off in-between the video's. As a temporary solution I disabled the short movies, but now the lights only switch off when the movie starts. So during the trailers the lights are switched on.

Perhaps there's someone who knows more about these issues...?

Many thanks in advance!
(2016-03-26, 00:39)schweppy Wrote: Ambilight doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.

Lights dim down as expected but the ambilight bulb changes to one colour and stays there. [PENSIVE FACE]

Just to add to this.

If I turn off Mediacodec (surface), ambilight works as expected on my Android TV however no hardware decoding so 4K stuff etc doesn't work [PENSIVE FACE].

Hopefully the developer will fix....
Disabling Mediacodec surface rendering does _not_ disable HW decoding ... it only disables the zero copy renderpath. And on this mediacodec path (without surface) the GLES path is chosen which has proper RenderCapture support.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ah ok. Think I follow. Either way lots of my videos won't play properly without surface switched on. So looks like I will go without ambilight for now.
Hi,

Where should the LED strip start if I mount it to my tv? I get the newest hue strip back with 3 x 1m extra led strips from Philips.
(2016-03-28, 23:12)schweppy Wrote: Ah ok. Think I follow. Either way lots of my videos won't play properly without surface switched on. So looks like I will go without ambilight for now.

thx schweepy you just saved me some research Smile I had exactly the same problem on my wetek openelec box and disabling hardware acc. for ARM made ambilight working but HD movies aren't any longer Confused

greetz

Doemer
(2016-03-06, 23:44)fritsch Wrote: I only run kodi v17.

Troubleshoot: Check the code I added and see if it hits: https://github.com/fritsch/script.kodi.h...d077fdf859 by adding a Debug Log print or something.

Works perfectly fine here. I am using vnsi.

Hi!
I downloaded the master zip from https://github.com/fritsch/script.kodi.hue.ambilight and livetv works Smile But if I try to play a local video the light do not change at all. Why is that? any tip?
Same if I try any addons, only livetv work in amblight mode.
No Debug Log - no issue.
(2016-04-02, 14:05)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log - no issue.

Hi, here is the debug: http://xbmclogs.com/pr3lq9yjo
As said before: Disable surface rendering. When that is enabled no data is captured. LiveTV works cause your backend sends broken data and shield defaults in SW acceleration mode :-). Our friends at tvheadend know the issue ... and will probably fix that in some months.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0