• 17(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
(2016-04-02, 15:08)fritsch Wrote: As said before: Disable surface rendering. When that is enabled no data is captured. LiveTV works cause your backend sends broken data and shield defaults in SW acceleration mode :-). Our friends at tvheadend know the issue ... and will probably fix that in some months.

That did the trick, thanks Smile Is there any way to turn of the light when kodi dony play anything?
I only hacked the python script for now. I don't know. happy that it works.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Anything you can share? Smile
It's all in my github's master branch.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just to confirm. Disabling surface means no HD content, is there or will there ever be a way around that?
No - not at all.

Why don't you just play a HD movie and see yourself? Surface rendering is a zero copy approach and was especially relevant when you want to do 4k playback. It was made with a hot needle and has other shortcoming (features missing), like custom aspect ratio, selected deinterlacing and so on. It's experimental like mostly everything on Android. There is a lot to go on this platform, it has big potential, but - as you see yourself currently - a lot of stuff in comparison with the Raspberry Pi or full blown x64 boxes is missing. RenderCapture is only one of those.
(2016-03-03, 21:45)lowfi Wrote: It is not working for me lately:

Im running Kodi 16 on a androidtv.Some python errors...

Anyone else has this problem?

@lowfi
I have almost the same problem, only different line number for the first file reported in the log:

Debug log:

http://pastebin.com/HLYejzx4

I tried the 0.8.2 beta, also the one from fritsch. Anyone have an idea what's wrong here and how I can fix it?

I am running Kodi through Openelec 6.0.3 on a PC.
(2016-04-02, 21:16)fritsch Wrote: No - not at all.

Why don't you just play a HD movie and see yourself? Surface rendering is a zero copy approach and was especially relevant when you want to do 4k playback. It was made with a hot needle and has other shortcoming (features missing), like custom aspect ratio, selected deinterlacing and so on. It's experimental like mostly everything on Android. There is a lot to go on this platform, it has big potential, but - as you see yourself currently - a lot of stuff in comparison with the Raspberry Pi or full blown x64 boxes is missing. RenderCapture is only one of those.

Ahhhhh thanks for the explanation.

So just tried a Bluray rip and it works fine. I think I was testing some 4K stuff before which is why it wasn't working.

Is there anything else that won't work properly or will I be ok leaving surface rendering off permanently?
I don't understand your last question in combination with the "or" in between :-)
Modified Wink
Find out - let's see what you find.
@fritsch
Do you have an idea what is going wrong with starting the plugin and this crash messages in the log (see above)? Can this be fixed somehow?
No. Seems some OpenELEC special thing, better ask in their support forum.
Ok, thanks. Will do. Although user Lowfi seems to have the same issue and he does not use Openelec.
(2016-04-02, 23:14)mdvries Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 21:45)lowfi Wrote: It is not working for me lately:

Im running Kodi 16 on a androidtv.Some python errors...

Anyone else has this problem?

@lowfi
I have almost the same problem, only different line number for the first file reported in the log:

Debug log:

http://pastebin.com/HLYejzx4

I tried the 0.8.2 beta, also the one from fritsch. Anyone have an idea what's wrong here and how I can fix it?

I am running Kodi through Openelec 6.0.3 on a PC.

Looking again, you have an empty group_id in your setting ... write 0 or something into it or change to Single Light.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0