• 20(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
For Hue? Same. This one does both.
So... glad to see this took off. When I am at a computer next I will update the first post so that it is current.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-07-04, 01:06)Koying Wrote: For Hue? Same. This one does both.

Ta.

EDIT: Installed on Kodi 16.2 (LibreELEC 7.0.2 on Chromebox). Works fine in Theatre Mode, which is just what I wanted.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If anyone wants to help collect tips and info about using Philips Hue on Kodi, there's now a wiki page: http://kodi.wiki/view/Philips_Hue
Guys i need help i keep getting error light not found on light id can someone point out how i find light id inside hue app?
When I install the latest software from the link on the last page I get the following error when the app connects to my bridge.

14:48:53 174.476990 T:1644164080 NOTICE: Kodi Hue service started, version: 0.8b2
14:49:13 194.424423 T:1644164080 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: ('Bridge Error', 3, {u'type': 3, u'description': u'resource, /lights/1, not available', u'address': u'/lights/1'})
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 744, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 181, in __init__
self.update_settings()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 383, in update_settings
self.light[0] = Light(self.settings.light1_id, self.settings)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 79, in __init__
self.get_current_setting()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 105, in get_current_setting
raise ValueError("Bridge Error", err["type"], err)
ValueError: ('Bridge Error', 3, {u'type': 3, u'description': u'resource, /lights/1, not available', u'address': u'/lights/1'})
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas how I fix this?

Thanks

EDIT: Got it working. Cheers
(2016-07-07, 15:51)idioteque1 Wrote: When I install the latest software from the link on the last page I get the following error when the app connects to my bridge.

14:48:53 174.476990 T:1644164080 NOTICE: Kodi Hue service started, version: 0.8b2
14:49:13 194.424423 T:1644164080 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: ('Bridge Error', 3, {u'type': 3, u'description': u'resource, /lights/1, not available', u'address': u'/lights/1'})
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 744, in <module>
hue = Hue(settings, args)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 181, in __init__
self.update_settings()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 383, in update_settings
self.light[0] = Light(self.settings.light1_id, self.settings)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 79, in __init__
self.get_current_setting()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 105, in get_current_setting
raise ValueError("Bridge Error", err["type"], err)
ValueError: ('Bridge Error', 3, {u'type': 3, u'description': u'resource, /lights/1, not available', u'address': u'/lights/1'})
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas how I fix this?

Thanks

EDIT: Got it working. Cheers

Im like 40% sure this is saying you set your light to light 1 and it doesn't see a light on light 1 check your lights id and set it accordingly in the hue kodi add on settings
Anyone know how to get this working with MADVR??.. I realized today that MADVR DSPlayer was the only thing that stopped this from working

Working great on 16.1 minus this little roadblock anyone have any inputHuh
Is there any chance a feature can be added to allow you to determine a time range for Ambilight to be active (dusk-to-dawn) and deactive during the day ?
Hi,

Does the feature to undim the lights on pause work for anyone using https://github.com/mpolednik version?

Here it doesn't work. Just wondering if it's a bug.

Thx
Works for me!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, I figured it out. In theater mode the pause undim behavior does work, but it doesn't in ambient light mode, which is different than the original version of this which I was using. So a feature request I guess.

Thx
In ambi mode the lights are on during playback, so it makes no sense to undim them on pause?
If you have 3 lights and one is a light strip behind the tv, in ambient mode you have ambient control that one, so it changes with picture, and the other 2 dim and undim on play/stop. It would be nice to have it also allow undim on pause in ambient light mode for the 2 other lights.
Ahh yes i see, good point.

You may be able to do something with the addon "trigger actions on playback" - or some name like that, I'll see if I can find it, as that vague description probably won't get you there!
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0