• 24(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
Hmm that's weird,
I use it on a daily base.
When lights are off and I start Kodi it turns on the light with the fade out and fade in setting so I know the add-on is working.
When I watch something it does fade out and fade in with pause or at the end.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Hi, does the Kodi Philips Hue add-ons ambilight feature only work with specific hardware? I tried it on an Odroid C2 but the light doesn't really seem to change a whole lot.
(2017-04-11, 06:50)djon Wrote: Hi, does the Kodi Philips Hue add-ons ambilight feature only work with specific hardware? I tried it on an Odroid C2 but the light doesn't really seem to change a whole lot.

I think so ambilight works fine on my rpi3 but onmy odroid C2 ambilight isn't working.
Hey guys, given the cost of Phillips Hue motion sensors, and their restriction to only hue lights, I decided to launch my own project to drive down the cost of using motion to turn on your lights and speakers. Would love to hear your thoughts https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/110...smart-home
(2017-04-12, 11:09)trajectio Wrote: Hey guys, given the cost of Phillips Hue motion sensors, and their restriction to only hue lights, I decided to launch my own project to drive down the cost of using motion to turn on your lights and speakers. Would love to hear your thoughts https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/110...smart-home
Gimme one good reason why I am not gonna ban you for spam...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-04-12, 11:17)nickr Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 11:09)trajectio Wrote: Hey guys, given the cost of Phillips Hue motion sensors, and their restriction to only hue lights, I decided to launch my own project to drive down the cost of using motion to turn on your lights and speakers. Would love to hear your thoughts https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/110...smart-home
Gimme one good reason why I am not gonna ban you for spam...

Hey Nickr, hope you're well. You are more than within your right to, I know this is a cheeky post... but I do think it will be useful for the forum readers and they are very qualified to provide feedback too, which will help me to produce a better product we may all one day use. Please trust that I am a solo guy trying to launch something to reduce the cost of an incredibly overpriced market and help people get the most out of their smart home investments. Understand if you block me, but thanks for the consideration either way.
Hi Guys, i just installed KODI 17 on my Shield and added the script kodi.hue.ambilight. I only want to use the ambilight mode with my Hue Lightstrip (Gen 1).

Everything works fine and nearly without delay, but the lightstrip color does not always match to the movie scene.

I set the brightness min and max to 254 (because i dont want the light to be dimmed).

How should i setup "Color Bias" "value treshold" and "Saturation treshold"??

Thanks in Advance
Hi

I updated to the latest 1.0 version. I am just using the ambilight feature of the add-on. Everything seems to be working OK as per my settings, but I am now seeing this a lot in the Kodi log files.

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'MyPlayer' object has no attribute 'playlistpos'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.kodi.hue.ambilight/default.py", line 138, in onPlayBackEnded
                                                if self.playlistpos < self.playlistlen-1:
                                            AttributeError: 'MyPlayer' object has no attribute 'playlistpos'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Anyone else seeing this error ?

Thanks
@cw-kid

I'm seeing the same errors.
I wish this addon was activley being developed. It's a shame, I would even pay afew bucks for a working verison with out issues.
Hi,
I installed Kodi17 on FireTV-Stick. My lights light up on Kodi Startup and dim back to initial.
I started Youtube, but nothing happens. Is it only working with "real" movies? What might be the problem?
Thanks
Does it work on starting a movie in your library?

Pretty sure mine works with youtube. I will check after dinner.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you, I tried a lot yesterday, but no library video, because most of the time i am watching netflix or amazon prime video. I couldnt figure out how to install these on Kodi, thats why i tried with youtube. I disabled hardware acceleration (surface).
Just to clarify, are you wanting light switching or ambilight?
Ambilight
Ahhh I don't use ambilight, so I can't help, sorry about that.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0