• 26(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
it would be great if the add-on would be updated with the new functions which are available on the new Hue Sync App.
The combination between the existing Add-On and the HueSync would be amazing.
https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/entertainment/hue-sync

i currently shut down the existing add-on and always start the Hue Sync App. Would be even great to start this automaticly without any manual intervention.
Is anyone successfully using this add-on in theater mode in Kodi 18? Seems like something changed and now if you use the "disable for short movies" feature it breaks functionality.

I don't want my lights turning on and off for regular TV viewing. I only want it to do this when watching a movie so that feature to work is crucial. Not sure what Leia did to stop it from working but since the developer seems to have abandoned this add-on there is little hope of it being fixed/updated.
hey there,
im new to the game and im using an odroid C2 with the new Coreelec Beta. Just want to have the theater lights for an LED strip and it works fine, when i play x264 video. The moment i want to play x265 10bit video the lights go of, but i dont see any video for a while and i end up with alot of skipped frames, if i get video at all. Does somone have similar problems? Of course everything plays fine, when the plugin is disabled.
(2018-09-11, 14:05)otarie Wrote: hey there,
im new to the game and im using an odroid C2 with the new Coreelec Beta. Just want to have the theater lights for an LED strip and it works fine, when i play x264 video. The moment i want to play x265 10bit video the lights go of, but i dont see any video for a while and i end up with alot of skipped frames, if i get video at all. Does somone have similar problems? Of course everything plays fine, when the plugin is disabled.
 You'll have better luck asking on CoreElec forum
I did that, too Smile Seems to be the problem with 4k CODECS are not supported, hence x265 10bit. Thought this was just an issue with ambilight mode and actual 4k resolution but then im gonna wait or have a look at cinemavision. Tongue
I just installed the hue ambilight on a fresh kodi install and received this error. not sure how I can fix it I have already reset my hue.

http://paste.kodi.tv/bejetahogi
Hi,

I just bought my first hue starter kit.

I want to use it with kodi.
Can anyone help me how to start?

I have 2 groups of bulbs, each containing 2 lamps
I want to be able to use it with cinemavision, but it should also work without cinemavision if i press play, pause and stop of a movie

Do i need to have the kodi hue addon or not?

Thx in advance! (dont have the hue yet, its on its way, but i thought i could already ask so i can get going right away Smile
I just installed the addon
Is it normal i notice slight stutter when addon enabled? As soon as i disable stutter is gone (vero 4k device)
There isnt really an enable ambilight button, hoe do i know if its disabled? Cause i read that might cause stutter? I havent added lights to it

Also my light is dimming to fast when i start a movie, what setting should i chance for that?
Nobody ?
This is the log.
https://paste.osmc.tv/jutakevumo

As soon as i disable addon, stutter is gone
Any word from developer of addon?
(2018-09-29, 12:35)Skank Wrote: I just installed the addon
Is it normal i notice slight stutter when addon enabled? As soon as i disable stutter is gone (vero 4k device)
There isnt really an enable ambilight button, hoe do i know if its disabled? Cause i read that might cause stutter? I havent added lights to it

Also my light is dimming to fast when i start a movie, what setting should i chance for that?
 Hi, any news? Have you found your issue? I'm planning to buy/build this setup, too. But if it's still stuttering.. Than it would be useless.. Do you have the Vero 4k, or the newer Vero 4k+ Device? The newer one hast faster storage and improved performance..
(2018-10-21, 08:37)Hakuna99 Wrote:
(2018-09-29, 12:35)Skank Wrote: I just installed the addon

Hi, any news? Have you found your issue? I'm planning to buy/build this setup, too. But if it's still stuttering.. Than it would be useless.. Do you have the Vero 4k, or the newer Vero 4k+ Device? The newer one hast faster storage and improved performance..

No news.
This thread is dead.
With the addon, i still got stutter. Got the vero 4k
When addon iss disabled, i have no stutter.
Nothing in logs either
Think your 4k problems are down to the plugin, not the hardware. The plugin is not longer being developed so unless the original developer can update to cope with 4k then won't work :-(
Wonderful addon for hue users !
Just two thinks.
The ambilight mode just don't work for me, android tv isn't even Better for that, color won't change and freeze.....

Second think, the cinema mode just work with music too.....
Not really appropriate when i browse serie with music theme, and for music playing too when i just want to listen music !
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0