Videos - Sports sub section - NBA Games

It would be great if along with TV Shows and Movies there was a sub section for Sports. I have a collection of Classic NBA games that I would like to add to my Library. I am considering creating a scraper and putting it into the TV Shows but it would be great if Sports was a separate section in the Menus. What would also be great is if the 'information' section instead of actors etc had the NBA Box Score scraped from Basketball-reference.com or wherever...

Does anyone else think this would be a worthwhile addition?

I'm thinking if Sports were added as a subsection, scrapers would start to be created for wrestling, boxing, and whatever other sports people are into.

don't think it will happen that a specific sports section will be added to XBMC because once done every other group of interest want's it's own section (gardening, ...), but there are plans to make the main menu configurable without touching the skin files.

Btw - you already can add custom library section in the upcoming XBMC 12 (Frodo) release, see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes - this should already help in your case I think.
Yes you can do this already with custom video nodes.

I have it setup for my Premiership football DVDs and also car DVDs.

If you can make a scraper then it would be even better but you need a good source for that. Mostly TMDB will do for bluray/dvd releases

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos - Sports sub section - NBA Games0