Randomizing a TV show folder for playing
I couldn't figure out how to describe this in the title. Maybe someone can help me out.

As I've posted before, I'm seriously considering switching from Mediabrowser and I'm trying to get like for like functionality while getting all the cool stuff XBMC has on top.

One of the features I use with my kids is the ability to click play on a cover art for TV they watch, inspector gadget for example. Once I click on it it asks to "Play All", which starts at episode 1 and plays through or "Shuffle" which randomly picks shows over and over till we've gone through every episode (which is about 100).

I like this because I can just click on random and leave them be without them asking me to start another show.

Is there anything similar to this?

Thanks for the help

Josh
Yes, not randomize but select a previous file bring context menu up and select "play from here"

That will play all files in folder from there.

Also perhaps playlists? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_playlists

It wont be random but it will do the job.

uNi

Thanks.. That's part of the way there. Unfortunately, ever time I start it, it will always start with the same episode. The other need for random.

Josh
(2012-11-16, 01:38)JoshFink1 Wrote: Thanks.. That's part of the way there. Unfortunately, ever time I start it, it will always start with the same episode. The other need for random.

Josh

You can set sort to random and just play that list
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
haha @ Martinjn just pulled a workaround for the random from the hat... Rabbits nxt pls, yum fried with chips some garlic and a little piri-piri Smile

uNi
Thanks.. I'll try this and see what the wife says.. Who knows?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Randomizing a TV show folder for playing 0