• 14(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
yeah this weeks been a tad different as ive been trying to build a 2012 server and remote vpn access so ive just had skygo on the back burner for a few days, Pleng is busy at work too so hopefully we will get a chance to have a good go this weekend at some coding !

Mike
Cool thanks Mike, i missed the note on using the number 5 button...
Il give that a go tonight!

Thanks
Hi guys,

Apparently I missed the 1.7 beta Sad

Just finishing up my xmbc box here and was wondering if you have much work left?

I only ask, because at it's current stage I could use 1.6 to create a fully working setup.

I'd just have to change the weather menu option in XMBC to 'SkyGo' then use exes for all the channels, it'd just take a while.

Think this will be finished in the next week or should I go with my manual option? How was 1.7?

Thanks again for doing this, and I'm always available for beta testing if needed.

We left the 1.7 beta version with just a few channels created as we needed to concentrate on the login situation, Although the channel exes where a way round and solution and worked perfectly it wasn't practical for programming and not the way we wanted the plugin heading.

Pleng our main coder has lots of work on at the minute along with myself and we are just having a small break to finish current work projects.

In an effort to get this plugin back on track we will be working towards a fresh 1.7 beta before you know it.

Thank you for your continued support
I constantly monitor our forum for ideas and solutions so please feel free to add ideas to the post for the plugin and anything you come across in our current release that may help us finish this project.

XBMCmike

Skygo Creator
About the log in situation and expat shield:

I'm still having issues with this after a captcha, as expat shield is placing a banner at the top of the screen. I can tell IE to stop running scripts on the page and X the banner, but it's painful and because IE hangs for a while during the script, it can take ages.

Just to let you know this is still ongoing now that I've finished my XBMC box Smile
go this weekend at some coding !

(2013-02-09, 09:02)Michaehm Wrote: go this weekend at some coding !

This weekend is my birthday weekend so = Football away, Sat night meal and partying in town.

No coding as dont think i will be fit sunday !!! See how I feel...O)

Mike
Mike.... Happy birthday for last weekend!!!
Hows the head Smile

Where we at. Im in love with this plugin.

Is there anything i can do to help?

Il happily donate once i can use this add on with my remote because then i can remove my Sky box.

At the moment im VNC'ing onto my machine to browse the channels.. My remote isnt being picket up by the plug in

Thanks
N
Hi Nick, Thanks for the birthday wishes, all is good after sundays aftermath :O).

Ok As this moment in time we are currentlng working on 1.7.1b.

The earlier versions used the fullscreen version of silverlights sky streams but recent developments in coding meant with the help of Pleng I managed to find a loophole in the channel streaming IDs using skygo desktop and so were able to produce automatically logged in channels that could run straight from a executable file!. Great, So with the help of fellow coder Pleng we are currently running up a version that has a menu driven interface that lets you pick a channel and play it without keyboard / mouse intervention.

1.7b early version has this ability with just a few channels coded and currently available for test , if you install advanced launcher and xbmc launcher you can run these channels in xbmc and change channles by remote :O)

Unfortunately just of lately both me and Pleng have been inundated by work commitments and so its just had to wait. I am getting through my workload and will let you know as soon as we have a new release available for test.

Best Wishes

XBMCmike
xbmc skygo creator

(2013-02-12, 13:06)mjeyre Wrote: Hi Nick, Thanks for the birthday wishes, all is good after sundays aftermath :O).

Ok As this moment in time we are currentlng working on 1.7.1b.

The earlier versions used the fullscreen version of silverlights sky streams but recent developments in coding meant with the help of Pleng I managed to find a loophole in the channel streaming IDs using skygo desktop and so were able to produce automatically logged in channels that could run straight from a executable file!. Great, So with the help of fellow coder Pleng we are currently running up a version that has a menu driven interface that lets you pick a channel and play it without keyboard / mouse intervention.

1.7b early version has this ability with just a few channels coded and currently available for test , if you install advanced launcher and xbmc launcher you can run these channels in xbmc and change channles by remote :O)

Unfortunately just of lately both me and Pleng have been inundated by work commitments and so its just had to wait. I am getting through my workload and will let you know as soon as we have a new release available for test.

Best Wishes

XBMCmike
xbmc skygo creator

Just an update to say that we are still having some issues with password cache and this is one of the reasons for a delay in the 1.7 beta release.
Fantastic news that you have recovered Wink and SkyGo is still progressing!

Thanks for the quick reply and update... I cannot wait for this to be remote friendly as i wont need a sky box ever again!

Sounds like alot of work but a massive improvement!

Let me know if i can help! Beer money will be ready for both you and Pleng!!!!

Thanks
N
(2013-02-12, 13:18)nick w Wrote: Fantastic news that you have recovered Wink and SkyGo is still progressing!

Thanks for the quick reply and update... I cannot wait for this to be remote friendly as i wont need a sky box ever again!

Sounds like alot of work but a massive improvement!

Let me know if i can help! Beer money will be ready for both you and Pleng!!!!

Thanks
N

Sod the beer, if you and Pleng get this working I'll give you both a cuddle!
I am always on the lookout for coders, Menu design in c# or python help needed if you have this skills PM me O)
(2013-02-12, 12:01)nick w Wrote: Mike.... Happy birthday for last weekend!!!
Hows the head Smile

Where we at. Im in love with this plugin.

Is there anything i can do to help?

Il happily donate once i can use this add on with my remote because then i can remove my Sky box.

At the moment im VNC'ing onto my machine to browse the channels.. My remote isnt being picket up by the plug in

Thanks
N

Nick what can you do ? design, photoshop, python scripting, api intergration, Silverlight programming ? pm me if you have any of these skills

MIke
Slightly off topic:

Do we know what kind of bandwidth SkyGo is consuming? Mine is buffering a lot and the wifi connection is pretty solid (1080p movies are fine over the network).
Mike

My main skills include
Cheering you on
Drinking beer
Win infrastructure
Watching football

I could photoshop! A bit

:-)
N
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4