• 26(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
Top notch work syborg. Integrating the TV catch up to your sky go EPG would give a very fluid 1 EPG for all TV.

N
First all, Hi, found this forum and thread via google after been curious about skygo and xmbc, fantastic little plugin

Is there anyway to get this to run in a windowed mode at all?
And does this follow xmbc option files? for soundcard output etc? Im on windows 7 and use dual sound cards

Thanks for any help!

Edit ;

I run dual monitors for gaming and find tv on the side is good for when dead [not often! TOP NOTCH GAMER etc.. Big Grin ]
I have my game output via headphones, and xbmc via speakers
(2013-03-17, 11:40)Ellipsys Wrote: First all, Hi, found this forum and thread via google after been curious about skygo and xmbc, fantastic little plugin

Is there anyway to get this to run in a windowed mode at all?
And does this follow xmbc option files? for soundcard output etc? Im on windows 7 and use dual sound cards

Thanks for any help!

Edit ;

I run dual monitors for gaming and find tv on the side is good for when dead [not often! TOP NOTCH GAMER etc.. Big Grin ]
I have my game output via headphones, and xbmc via speakers

There is an option in the cfg file to run dual monitor support

set option screen2=true (currently set to false)

sound wise im sure that the option for sound can be set within windows for seperate sound.

XbmcMike

Skygo Founder/Creator
I have it running on the second monitor fine, but need it running windowed mode some how, so my 3d applications dont 'alt tab out' if i need to change channel etc

Windows7 doesnt support dual output like windows xp did, how ever, programs with soundcard output options let me bypass this [xbmc gui i can do this and have it running via my speakers]

I have the skygo able to run via App Launcher inside xbmc but it still goes to full screen, and selects windows defaulted audio [As win default/silverlight/headphones for games] rather than my xbmc setup of my speakers
create a batch file then rather than setting the mode to kiosk "-k" just put in the code below:

start iexplore.exe http://go.sky.com/vod/content/Home/conte...dLiveTv.do

for the windowed exe i think we would have to totally re-write it as it checks the cfg file for the channel I.D and runs iexplorer in kiosk mode.

but you could try that see if you can get it to log you in automatically using some of the previous posts on here.

Mike

(2013-03-17, 16:40)mjeyre Wrote: create a batch file then rather than setting the mode to kiosk "-k" just put in the code below:

start iexplore.exe http://go.sky.com/vod/content/Home/conte...dLiveTv.do

for the windowed exe i think we would have to totally re-write it as it checks the cfg file for the channel I.D and runs iexplorer in kiosk mode.

but you could try that see if you can get it to log you in automatically using some of the previous posts on here.

Mike

just checked and the code works so if you can find a sign in you will get a windowed mode
(2013-03-16, 22:42)nick w Wrote: Top notch work syborg. Integrating the TV catch up to your sky go EPG would give a very fluid 1 EPG for all TV.

N

Got the OK from TVC guys to use their logos for the channels - should have time tomorrow to write a quick guide to add tvcatchup to the tvguide addon.

No problems at my end for the Sky Sports News - is it still happening?

Not had the script error again since no further update on that. Did you get the FOX/FX issue fixed?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-03-19, 03:41)syborg Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 22:42)nick w Wrote: Top notch work syborg. Integrating the TV catch up to your sky go EPG would give a very fluid 1 EPG for all TV.

N

Got the OK from TVC guys to use their logos for the channels - should have time tomorrow to write a quick guide to add tvcatchup to the tvguide addon.

No problems at my end for the Sky Sports News - is it still happening?

Not had the script error again since no further update on that. Did you get the FOX/FX issue fixed?

Thanks for your help syborg in the project, seems to have taken another step forward since you got involved. I have played with the cache error again yesterday as I have the windows 7 issue too with refresh.
I can think of a long way round but it may slow down the channel change.
Luckily my main htpc sat under the lounge tv is xp and its only my mrs laptop that has this issue, But its also the laptop i use to test all the plugins and builds out etc.

One thing I can't figure out is why the iexplorer.exe file is missing. When i try and install IE9 or any other MS browser it says its installed and can run a browser but the iexplorer isnt there so when i try to run batch files or exe files that look for the browser i get the message cannot find internet explorer, maybe this is the issue? does anyone else have this problem.
The laptop has 4 browsers installed, firefox, chrome, iexplorer and kylo (for testing kiosk modes for plugins)

Mike
Hi syborg, yes sky news seems to be working now. I'm still getting the script error occasionally though which is weird.
Oh, yes got fx running too, didnt realise that was fox

In fact, it's sky sports news that's given me a black screen
Sorry guys been too busy today to get this done as soon as I get some time ill get it done.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Thanks a lot for all your work on this, it is very appreciated.
the add on is working great for me , (i have enabled the mouse in .cfg and am able to watch it on one monitor whilst i game on another.)

My htpc has dvb-tv card and i use the pvr media portal add on in xbmc to watch freeview , would there be any way of combining the two in a single tv guide? my live tv pvr channels and the sky go channels?

this is preferable to tv catchup for me as i am able to pause, rewind, fast forward and record the dvb channels.

Thanks again
(2013-03-21, 23:36)ledgy89 Wrote: Thanks a lot for all your work on this, it is very appreciated.
the add on is working great for me , (i have enabled the mouse in .cfg and am able to watch it on one monitor whilst i game on another.)

My htpc has dvb-tv card and i use the pvr media portal add on in xbmc to watch freeview , would there be any way of combining the two in a single tv guide? my live tv pvr channels and the sky go channels?

this is preferable to tv catchup for me as i am able to pause, rewind, fast forward and record the dvb channels.

Thanks again

Ledgy89 - Sorry I don't have any experience of using a dvb-tv card with xbmc but from my limited understanding I don't think that this would be possible without a serious rewrite of TVguide to allow pvr stream and enable recording etc or a rewrite of the PVR system to allow non-backend supported streams to be added.

You would probably be able to get the streams into TVGuide - but I dont know how the addon would handle the PVR functions.

I just dont know enough about Mediaportal to be much more help - Sorry Confused
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Adding freeview channels guide no longer required all built in
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Thanks this worked great (i decided to go with the tv catchup route then and have my pvr as a backup incase i really need to record something) , is there any way i can add other channels to the tv guide? canal + or other foreign streams or espn from cricfree etc?
also how about a categories option in the tv guide? (kids,movies,sports etc).
Great work
(2013-03-22, 05:00)ledgy89 Wrote: Thanks this worked great (i decided to go with the tv catchup route then and have my pvr as a backup incase i really need to record something) , is there any way i can add other channels to the tv guide? canal + or other foreign streams or espn from cricfree etc?
also how about a categories option in the tv guide? (kids,movies,sports etc).
Great work

If you have a stream working through xbmc then it should be able to be associated with a epg listing in tvguide.
Do you already have these streams working in xbmc?
You would need to get the epg data from somewhere - there's a program mc2xml that works similarly to XMLtv GUI but covers more countries. That might be able to pull epg for the channels you're looking for then you can merge the files to give you the full epg.
For the categories, you would be best asking on the tvguide addon thread as a feature suggestion - I didn't make the addon so any additional features are best directed there.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
I managed to resolve the cache issue today but now i have a new problem after the flush when you change channel it defaults back to sky one. I can fix this but only at the moment by making an individual exe for each channel ID.

i used a simple killtask /im skygo.exe /f

then the flush code then relaunch the exe
so i have 2 exes skygorun.exe and skygo.exe
the skygo flushes and kills any existing skygo program and then flushes again and launches the skgorun.exe which runs and takes me to sky one.

need a way to make it hold the channel number

Mike
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4