• 34(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
Yeah mate. Tried all that.
Yeah i just launched it manually from advanced launcher but you do get used to having the EPG Smile
(2013-04-14, 13:12)jjmucker Wrote: Yeah mate. Tried all that.
Yeah i just launched it manually from advanced launcher but you do get used to having the EPG Smile

Ok - ill investigate its probably a clitch from the radio times website end providing the listings. (They are really slow at updating things! Still have the old sky movies channels - which why we have to use two grabbers!)
Try manually run the the bat files again tomorrow - do a clear and then back to the data file.

I've done some testing and cleared my epg reran the grabber and I'm getting listings so I'm not sure what's going on Confused
Try tomorrow and let me know!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
I have today managed to put together a custom launcher for skygo.
This mean updates can be easily pushed through and its a much simpler install process. It is not integrated with tvguide yet (that'll be next) but first I need some testing done.
If you can help please drop me a PM and Ill sent you over the details.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
I thought it was easy enough just now to install?
whats the difference matey?
tbh - very little is different from what you will have setup at the moment. However, how we get to that places and where we go from here will.

I have setup a repo and modded advanced launcher to include the skygo.exe and all its components (except one) this means that I can push updates to users without having to write a lengthly instruction guide - meaning any channel additions or number changes are added automatically - logos will be added automatically.
So all you need to do is install the repo - then within xbmc install 'Skygo Launcher' and copy one file to the C:\ root and its installed.
No more messing around moving files to different places etc looking for folders its all contained. Also it is completely separate from the advanced launcher program so there are no chance of any conflicts and keeps everything just a bit tidier.

After I have got this working I will move on to modding the TVGuide addon - there will be two ways to go with this - any input would be appreciated.

One to mod it so that it includes all the grabber.bat etc and explain how to setup the scheduled services etc
or Two mod it so that I push the EPG information in the form of an update every few days.
There are positives and negatives to both of these options but ill look it in more detail when I get to it.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
can i install this on macbook?
(2013-04-15, 14:56)Razieal Wrote: can i install this on macbook?

No sorry the launcher code has been written for a windows system.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi Syborg. Given the amount of help you have given me mate I'd be happy to test whatever you need testing, so just let me know what you need from me mate.
(2013-04-15, 20:14)jjmucker Wrote: Hi Syborg. Given the amount of help you have given me mate I'd be happy to test whatever you need testing, so just let me know what you need from me mate.

Cheers man - just need you to install it and make sure it works ok. It's completely separate so it won't affect your current setup. I'm not in the house at the moment ill drop you more information when I am.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
No probs.
(2013-04-15, 20:46)jjmucker Wrote: No probs.

Oops - I've managed to break something - ill drop you some info when I've fixed it!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-04-05, 22:03)syborg Wrote: Hmm... Not had anyone have it fail at this point yet and no matter what I do I cannot replicate the problem.

To explain about how the code works - it changes from "connecting to skygo" to "logging in..." as soon as it starts to launch the website - if you arent getting this far then it sounds that it struggling to even open the website - can you access the website ok through IE10 get logged in and watch skygo?

Hi,

I have the same problem on an Acer Revo R3700 with custom-installed Windows 7 x64 Professional with IE9.

Sky Go works on browser but not through app, never getting past the stage of "Connecting to Sky Go..."

Any ideas?

Thanks
(2013-04-16, 19:38)qpop Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 22:03)syborg Wrote: Hmm... Not had anyone have it fail at this point yet and no matter what I do I cannot replicate the problem.

To explain about how the code works - it changes from "connecting to skygo" to "logging in..." as soon as it starts to launch the website - if you arent getting this far then it sounds that it struggling to even open the website - can you access the website ok through IE10 get logged in and watch skygo?

Hi,

I have the same problem on an Acer Revo R3700 with custom-installed Windows 7 x64 Professional with IE9.

Sky Go works on browser but not through app, never getting past the stage of "Connecting to Sky Go..."

Any ideas?

Thanks

What if you launch the exe directly? I think the previous person suggested that the issue maybe that he didn't have .net installed do you?

You have put your username and password in the cfg file?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-04-15, 14:56)Razieal Wrote: can i install this on macbook?

One possible way to run skygo fullscreen on your macbook may be to get silverlight working(I dont know if you can as Ive never tried it) then download skygo app if possible and unzip it, in the cfg file try copying and pasting one of those tv channel id links direct to your internet browser.

If that works then you need to add the html extension to the playcorefactory dir then simply create each html link as a favorite shortcut in xbmc.

Information on using internet html extensions in xbmc is on this forum somewhere but the main difficulty will be silverlight which belongs to Microsoft so i cant see apple having it!!!.

must be possible somehow as apple ipad and iphone and ipod are able to use skygo app written by sky.

XBMCmike
XBMC Skygo Creator

with recognition from PLenG & Syborg
Hey mjeyre\Syborg,

Any plans to develop a Sky Go Desktop solution for xbmc? The Sky Go plugin is excellent, and it would be cool if you could get the desktop version working so that we can watch downloaded programs.

Cheers,
Dave
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4