• 49(current)
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC
(2013-05-15, 22:44)syborg Wrote: Hmm...im pretty confused.
Have you logged into skygo through the browser and registered your computer as a registered device as if its not this causes the same issue as you experiencing.

Yes. I can watch SkyGo with no problems via explorer or chrome on same pc.

Would it be possible that the skygo exe might not be suitable for SkyGo Ireland accounts? Would sky be rejecting an Irish Skygo account on a Uk Skygo server, even though my skygo a/c is supposed to work in UK and Ireland.??
Do you use a different website than just http:\\go.skygo.com?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-05-15, 22:54)syborg Wrote: Do you use a different website than just http:\\go.skygo.com?

No. I use same site:

http:\\go.skygo.com
If its the same website it should work. I pretty stumped at this point. Ive gone through everything that should effect login.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-05-15, 23:15)syborg Wrote: If its the same website it should work. I pretty stumped at this point. Ive gone through everything that should effect login.

Thanks for all your help.
(2013-05-15, 23:41)givecredit Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 23:15)syborg Wrote: If its the same website it should work. I pretty stumped at this point. Ive gone through everything that should effect login.

Thanks for all your help.

Ive had another thought could you check that in you IE explorer settings first its the default browser and then in advanced options all the options are enabled.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
can you please load up the exe and when it says connecting wait 30 seconds then press alt+tab and see if the window for sky is there.

then try the following please.

bring up notepad and paste the following lines of code

start iexplore -k http://go.sky.com/vod/page/tvListing.do?...login=true
attrib -h -s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"
ren "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" Private
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
goto End
:FAIL
echo Invalid password
goto end
:MDLOCKER
md Private
echo Private created successfully
goto End
:End

save as .bat file and run.

It probably wont be logged in but if it goes full screen then your working.

If this works then there must be something wrong with your IE or the internet cache issue.
Double check everything, The version of IE must be 8 or higher.

the cache clearing file has been run first.

when you run the skygo.exe and is says connecting try pressing F5 after 30 seconds and response?

Xbmcmike
@givecredit Your issue is the same as mine. I have been trying many different ways to sort this without any success. What i have found out is that i can't get the Skygo exe to login and launch the player while XBMC is running.

Try this and you will see how i caught on to this.

Open XMBC and launch a sky channel though the launcher. 'Skygo is connecting' screen will launch and go no further

ALT + Tab back to XBMC screen, leaving SKYgo in background.

Completely close and exit XBMC program.

Alt + Tab back to the SkyGO screen (or it may automatically be in the foreground) and you will see it will then proceed to login and launch the player. Whatever is causing it, SKYGO.exe will not proceed while xbmc is open.

to prove this, Try run launcher from skygo folder in explorer while xbmc is open. Same problem will happen. Run the launcher from skygo folder in explorer when xbmc is closed and skygo will work just fine.

My thoughts are that it is some service (windows, xbmc or otherwise) causing the issue, but I haven't been able to spend the time figuring this out. I could also be wrong and it could be something else altogether.

I'm still trying, If i get any further I'll post it here.
What about a firewall or antivirus?
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2013-05-16, 01:35)syborg Wrote: [Ive had another thought could you check that in you IE explorer settings first its the default browser and then in advanced options all the options are enabled.

Tried as suggested with no success. Also tried switching off firewall. No difference.
I've also tried firewall and antivirus with no success this evening.
(2013-05-16, 09:08)mjeyre Wrote: can you please load up the exe and when it says connecting wait 30 seconds then press alt+tab and see if the window for sky is there.
then try the following please.
bring up notepad and paste the following lines of code
start iexplore -k http://go.sky.com/vod/page/tvListing.do?...login=true
attrib -h -s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"
ren "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" Private
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
goto End
:FAIL
echo Invalid password
goto end
:MDLOCKER
md Private
echo Private created successfully
goto End
:End
save as .bat file and run.
It probably wont be logged in but if it goes full screen then your working.
If this works then there must be something wrong with your IE or the internet cache issue.
Double check everything, The version of IE must be 8 or higher.
the cache clearing file has been run first.
when you run the skygo.exe and is says connecting try pressing F5 after 30 seconds and response?

Tried Alt and Tab, No Window.
Pasted script to notepad. This launched skygo to a sample channel (Sky News) So some progress.
Currently running explorer 9 on media pc.

Installed xbmc on my laptop and installed skygo launcher. Worked perfectly first go. Got past "connecting to skygo" to loading... and into skygo webpage with channel fullscreen. (No pictures off course as skygo not activated on laptop) But all of this has given me hope.
Both laptop and media pc both running windows 7. Noticed laptop is running explorer 10. So decided to upgrade media pc to explorer 10. On doing this I noticed that media pc after reinstalling windows 7 this week had not activated itself with Microsoft, therefore had not installed windows 7 service pack1. This maybe my issue.
I have now activated windows and currently installing service pack and other upgrades to media pc.
Fingers crossed this might fix my problem.

Thanks to all who have helped so far. I will report back when upgrade complete.
Ok. Updated service pack 1 windows 7 with other updates. Installed explorer 10, Ran Skygo launcher, Still get only "connecting to skygo" If i press f5 after 30 secs after runing skygo exe, nothing happens. If i exit XBMC after launching skygo, still nothing happens. If i launch bat file in skygo folder with xbmc off still only get connecting to skygo.

Only progress if any is that the .bat script wrote by mjeyre is working and launches skygo sample channel. (Sky News)
do you have google chrome installed? if not could you install it and try the skygo.exe file from your desktop but making sure the cfg files are in the same folder and that the username and password are inserted.

xbmcmike
(2013-05-17, 09:21)mjeyre Wrote: do you have google chrome installed? if not could you install it and try the skygo.exe file from your desktop but making sure the cfg files are in the same folder and that the username and password are inserted.

xbmcmike

Ok, I put Skygo.exe in folder on desktop along with cfg files with username and password. Set chrome to default, but just got the "connecting to skygo". Tried same setup with explorer as default with same result.

I do not know if they are related but there are 2 problems, obviously the "connecting to Skygo" is one, but also the backspace key does nothing when in skygo launcher. The only way I can exit "connecting to skygo" is by task manager. Edit: Discovered backspace works if I Alt and Tab away and back first.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(UK ONLY)SkyGO Working now in XBMC4