• 5(current)
OS X Crash on loading
Yeah because you changed the configuration of your system (by removing candleair) the crash might look different now. I always need a new crashlog in that case to ensure that its still the same crash you are seeing.

Sounds logical doesn't it? Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Know that i understand why, yes it's logical Blush

Nemrod

Edit:
I'm gonna post a LOG after the next crash but, i don't know if this help, before the last crash i had problem launching XBMC with the Apple Remote, it launched Front Row instead of XBMC, a reboot was needed to get it work.
Another crash, the LOG.

Thanks
Nemrod
Nope this is the xbmc.log ... i am referring to the crashreporter file.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Base on that xbmc.log i am still extremly confused:

Code:
15:49:22 T:2690241856   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 24, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
15:49:22 T:2690241856   DEBUG: OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
15:49:22 T:2690241856   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating Quit
15:49:22 T:2690241856   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To Quit

This looks perfectly fine like someone is pressing a key on your keyboard/remote which is bound to quit xbmc. I guess its as following.

You start xbmc by pressing the "power on" key on your remote ... XBMC starts up - XBMC receives the very same keypress again and translates it to quit. So basically the one keypress you are doing for starting up XBMC also in the same time results in quitting XBMC.

Does this sound reasonable? If so the whole problem in why this thread is already so long is your wording. You always talked about "Crash". Crash is when MacOSX brings up the "This software has crashed" dialog. You need to distinguish a crash from a "XBMC just quits".

This still doesn't solve your issue nore do i know what really happens/goes wrong here. But at least that theory clears up what happens on your mac.
(2013-05-17, 16:32)Memphiz Wrote: Nope this is the xbmc.log ... i am referring to the crashreporter file.

You mean the OS X LOG ? The one today.

(2013-05-17, 16:36)Memphiz Wrote: Base on that xbmc.log i am still extremly confused:

I don't understand either

(2013-05-17, 16:36)Memphiz Wrote: This looks perfectly fine like someone is pressing a key on your keyboard/remote which is bound to quit xbmc. I guess its as following.

Except that this button used to start XBMC and, most of the time, it does.

(2013-05-17, 16:36)Memphiz Wrote: You start xbmc by pressing the "power on" key on your remote ... XBMC starts up - XBMC receives the very same keypress again and translates it to quit. So basically the one keypress you are doing for starting up XBMC also in the same time results in quitting XBMC.

I understand, my point i only pressing this button once so why, from time to time, it consider two actions ?

(2013-05-17, 16:36)Memphiz Wrote: Does this sound reasonable? If so the whole problem in why this thread is already so long is your wording.

Here is another wording : most of the time when i press this button XBMC starts, from time to time it starts & stop.

(2013-05-17, 16:36)Memphiz Wrote: You always talked about "Crash". Crash is when MacOSX brings up the "This software has crashed" dialog. You need to distinguish a crash from a "XBMC just quits".

I'm talking a crash because :
1. Before my initial post there were no problem
2. don't press twice this button, that was i consider it is not a normal behavior
3. I talk about "crash" because (1) OS X pop up a crash alert and (2) it's not a normal behavior

(2013-05-17, 16:36)Memphiz Wrote: This still doesn't solve your issue nore do i know what really happens/goes wrong here. But at least that theory clears up what happens on your mac.

Sorry, i did not understand what you mean by "But at least that theory clears up what happens on your mac. ".

Nemrod
Hi,

So i tried another thing, i made a new install of OS X & of XBMC.

For OS X, a standard one, only the system is new. For XBMC i made a clean install and used XBMC Backup to restore my addons, views ...

No luck, still this .. problem.

I don't know what to do Huh

Nemrod
PS: i also tried to reproduce the problem manually, pushing twice the button, nothing.
Something new this evening :

Hope this help
Nemrod
How exactly you think a screenshot of a crash could help? Wink
Hi know of course Blush but the log wasn't enabled, my bad Sad

What about my previous posts ?

Nemrod
Hi Blush

A question, i don't understand, i don't have any news since my post of 2013-05-17 16:55, what did i forget, what can i provide more than i did Huh

By the way, i made a fresh install of OS X (10.6.8), no time machine, same for XMBC, anther OS X crash.

I'm desparate
Nemrod

Edit: I'm testing with another skin than my favorite, Aeon MQ 4.
Use something Else then xbmc - i'm done with trying to help you and have no clue what is going on on your System - imo you have just spent enough Time in diddling with xbmc. Go out for your other Hobbies and start to live...
(2012-11-17, 14:26)Memphiz Wrote: Known bug - fixed in frodo. Do you have multimonitor setup or something like that?

&

(2013-06-15, 12:27)Memphiz Wrote: Use something Else then xbmc - i'm done with trying to help you and have no clue what is going on on your System - imo you have just spent enough Time in diddling with xbmc. Go out for your other Hobbies and start to live...

You say you have no clue but i gave you all the information i have, logs, crash reports Huh

By the way i had questions regarding what you said recently, i took time to describe/explain again, i asked questions but nothing back. I understand you don't want spend time anymore so thank you Blush

(2013-06-15, 12:27)Memphiz Wrote: Use something Else then xbmc - i'm done with trying to help you and have no clue what is going on on your System - imo you have just spent enough Time in diddling with xbmc. Go out for your other Hobbies and start to live...

"diddling" you say. Well from my point of view it's quite simple, since the beginning, one simple description, several logs, several crash logs ... You're this expert Wink

Maybe someone else is able to identify the problem Huh

Nemrod
Nemrod,

If you haven't already, download the latest version of XBMC 11 "Eden." Create a new admin user in OS X. Install XBMC 11. Don't restore all your XBMC settings because they could be the source of your problem. Instead, start over with new settings. Keep it basic. Just add one media folder of movies or TV shows and configure the Apple Remote. Enable debug mode. Don't add 3rd party plugins like Icefilms, etc.

Now test this cleanly installed version of XBMC 11 to see if it crashes. If it doesn't, then upgrade it to XBMC 12.2 "Frodo." Test it again.

Does it crash? If it does, post the following into the Terminal and then post the results back here:
kextstat | grep -v apple
Junior Mint,

Thank you for your answer & suggestion Blush

That a good idea and i'm gonna test it.

Edit :
So i tested XBMC 11 pn a brand new OS X 10.6. No additional application on OS X, same as XBMC.

I got nothing on the terminal when i paste "kextstat | grep -v apple".

Of course i can provide the OS X crash report.

Nemrod
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash on loading2