XBMC HD Audio And Live TV?
I am curious to what I should do and what guides can help me. I am new and have just built a htpc. everyone seems to like xbmc. So I want to try it out. I have a infinitv 4 coming In the mail and want a xbmc that has live tv and HD audio bitstream support.

What Version Should I use?

where are the guides to get me going?

Should I use a beta version?

THANKS
PAUL
The Eden release of XBMC doesn't support HD Audio so you will need a Frodo release from the nightly source.

I don't really know about the TV yet, just keep in mind that XBMC isn't a system for interfacing with TV cards, it's a front-end only and must still be fed by a backend for streaming the TV source. I use a Ceton as well but I do everything through WMC for TV integrated with my WHS and other WMC workstations. It's the only way to go if you want DRM flagged channels unfortunately.
That's what I was thinking.. so WMC for tv XBMC for everything else. thank you .. by the way what is DRM flagged channels?
Frodo does support PVR/live Tv as frontend. As Backend there are a couple of choices: TvHeadend, VDR, Mythtv etc.

No need for WMC Wink
Don't forget nextpvr. Was up and running w live tv in less than 10min.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2012-11-15, 08:45)Paulb787 Wrote: That's what I was thinking.. so WMC for tv XBMC for everything else. thank you .. by the way what is DRM flagged channels?

Premium channels like HBO, Starz, Showtime etc are flagged as "copy-once" and cannot be viewed or recorded by standard TV backends. Only WMC is authorized to be able to access these channels on a HTPC via CableCard.

(2012-11-15, 09:44)wsnipex Wrote: Frodo does support PVR/live Tv as frontend. As Backend there are a couple of choices: TvHeadend, VDR, Mythtv etc.

No need for WMC Wink

See above. If you don't care about those channels and your provider has everything flagged as copy-free then you're fine.
Got it. its working great with WMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HD Audio And Live TV? 0