• 5(current)
Linux XBMCBuntu Frodo RC - AE: Error - no devices found
(2012-11-20, 13:53)addewik Wrote: I'm experiencing the same problem since installning a fresh copy of XBMCBuntu yesterday.

The first time I booted up I could select audio devices and everything ran just fine. HDMI from the Zotac, to the receiver, to the TV.

Second time (and every time after that) I booted up I got "Error - no devices found".

The way I can manually fix this is to exit XBMC and enter my password at the logon dialogue, XBMC starts up again and all the sound devices are back on the list and everything works fine. Until I reboot again that is.

Hardware: Zotac ID-HD11 (ION Chipset)

To solve my problem, until there is a real fix, I just added the following to /etc/rc.local:

service lightdm stop
sleep 5
service lightdm start
sleep 5
service lightdm start

The reason for the multiple sleep/start is that lightdm seem require multiple restarts to actually start (on my machine anyways)

Now the audio is working at every boot. Good for now.
I have this problem since I added a SSD to the HTPC.
Based on previous solution a have added a sleep 10 in /etc/init/lightdm.conf just before the actual start of lightdm.

The audio subsystem is not initialized yet without this wait which yields in not finding any audio devices.

Somehow there needs to be soms check that (all) sound systems are intialized or you need to make sure lightdm is the absolute last process to boot.

Vincent
@addewik & Quiptix: That's a very good point, my HTPC is also running with an SSD. I will wait for Beta 2 and test your workaround if the problem persists.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
I have slightly changed the workaround:

I have changed /etc/init/lightdm.conf

In the conditions:
Code:
start on ((filesystem
           and runlevel [!06]
           and started dbus
           and started udev-finish
           and (drm-device-added card0 PRIMARY_DEVICE_FOR_DISPLAY=1
                or stopped udev-fallback-graphics))
          or runlevel PREVLEVEL=S)

I have added the condition 'started udev-finish'. This event is fired when the udev-initializer thinks it is finished. This still doesn't mean that all devices are up and usable. That's why I still of the sleep command in the script, however reduced to 3.

Now the system is up and running in 10 to 15 seconds.

Be aware that with the next beta these changes probably will be lost! (I'm not sure who to contact to have this solved in the distribution)

Vincent
I had almost the smae problem. The wrong outputs where displayed. Removal of pulse audio did the trick to select the correct one.
(2012-11-30, 11:11)Quiptix Wrote: I have slightly changed the workaround:

In the conditions:
Code:
start on ((filesystem
           and runlevel [!06]
           and started dbus
           and started udev-finish
          or runlevel PREVLEVEL=S)

Thanks, this helped in Beta 1 and Beta 2!

Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
(2012-11-30, 11:11)Quiptix Wrote: I have slightly changed the workaround:

In the conditions:
Code:
start on ((filesystem
           and runlevel [!06]
           and started dbus
           and started udev-finish
          or runlevel PREVLEVEL=S)

I have added the condition 'started udev-finish'. This event is fired when the udev-initializer thinks it is finished. This still doesn't mean that all devices are up and usable. That's why I still of the sleep command in the script, however reduced to 3.

Now the system is up and running in 10 to 15 seconds.

Be aware that with the next beta these changes probably will be lost! (I'm not sure who to contact to have this solved in the distribution)

Vincent

lcapriotty is one of the XBMCbuntu devs. I would ask a mod to ping them and have a look at this solution of yours and if thers maybe a more elegant solution taht would work for everyone, since you guys are less than 0.0001% of everyone using betas. (there arent that many ppl testing betas allround anyway.) pointless point there.

uNi
For a proper fix you can't modify lightdm.conf, it is a system file that may change at a later stage.
the XBMCbuntu custom upstart job must be modified - patches are welcome.. Smile
We *could* incorporate some kind of wait-for-device-ready loop but it would be a low priority. If someone made a feature-request on Trac it would at least be documented as such.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Feature request on trac are closed asap now. Big Grin

Apparently Feature request are now moved to forums IIRC.

uNi
(2012-12-06, 17:26)uNiversal Wrote: Feature request on trac are closed asap now. Big Grin

Apparently Feature request are now moved to forums IIRC.

uNi

Only allowed if explicitly told by us.
First discussion should always be done on the forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ah /updated

thx for info Big Grin

uNi
Allthough I'm an IT-man I'm lost in your discussion now.
Who has the ball?

Vincent
(2012-12-07, 02:03)Quiptix Wrote: Allthough I'm an IT-man I'm lost in your discussion now.
Who has the ball?

Vincent

You Smile

Create the ticket with enough information and putt DDDamian (for now) in the CC box
trac.xbmc.org and use your forum user/password
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've been having an issue with HDMI disappearing with Frodo Beta 3 and AE.
Keep changing back to Pulseaudio after reboot or hibernate with HDMI no longer an option. Pulseaudio is the only option.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13702
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu Frodo RC - AE: Error - no devices found3