XBMC starts up with taskbar showing and won't let remote control work.
Hello,
I just recently built a new miniHTPC with a Foxconn unit with AMD E350 chipset. I put Win7, placed a IR receiver for Windows Media center rand installed XBMC. I placed a shortcut into the Startup folder of Win 7. When the computer boots up, it bypasses the password screen and boots XBMC. However the Win7 taskbar stays at the bottom of the Taskbar screen which prevents my IR receiver from working. Somehow I think the PC thinks I am on desktop screen and not in XBMC. I have to get my wireless keyboard(from another htpc) out and press anywhere on the XBMC screen to get the taskbar to disappear. Once it's fully in XBMC the remote works again.

I can't figure out why Win7 is preventing me from fully booting into XBMC Eden.

I have an older system with Win7 and the old XBMC version and it always boot into XBMC completetly and my remote would work instantly.

Is there a configuration I need to change or is XBMC Eden preventing from fully booting into XBMC? Anyone have any suggestions? I really want the remote use rather than the keyboard because it's easier to navigate. I really only use the keyboard if I need to use a browser and stream from a website.

Thanks.
Try hitting the backslash ( \ ) key and see if that puts XBMC into fullscreen and gets rid of the taskbar. If that doesn't work, try toggling the setting "Use fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen" and see if that gets rid of the taskbar: System/Settings > System > Video output
I am trying not to use my keyboard at all. So even if using backslash works then I am using the keyboard which I would just click on the screen to get it fully into XBMC.

I want to just have the PC boot up, go into XBMC with no taskbar at the bottom, and the remote working.

It worked on my other PC with XBMC 10 I think.
This focus losing is due to other application trying to steal the focus. That is why I wrote this simple autohotkey script - XBMCLauncher
(2012-11-17, 22:56)qubilist Wrote: I am trying not to use my keyboard at all. So even if using backslash works then I am using the keyboard which I would just click on the screen to get it fully into XBMC.

I want to just have the PC boot up, go into XBMC with no taskbar at the bottom, and the remote working.

It worked on my other PC with XBMC 10 I think.
  • XBMC remembers your last setting, so if it's in fullscreen when you quit, the next time you start it, it will also be in fullscreen. Thus, you don't have to use the backslash everytime.
  • Did you consider my second suggestion? Also a one-time setting change.
  • You can also force XBMC to always start in fullscreen (even if your previous session was windowed). Just create an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki) directory with the following contents:
    Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
    </advancedsettings>
I tried toggling the Use Fullscreen Window instead of true fullscreen. It would at least stay in XBMC but the taskbar is still showing in XBMC thus not letting the remote work. Here is what is happening to my system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMMsbiaEwv0

baijuxavior,
I tried your XBMC program which works but would crash my system once I chose on a movie. Or if I got the movie working sometimes I could see the X of a window pop up or the pointer never disappears.

Did you also try the advancedsettings.xml suggestion in my previous post?
I was having the same issue... do this: "You may note that while XBMC is indeed in full screen you still have the windows taskbar down at the bottom. Right click on the bar and deselect “Lock the taskbar”, then right click on the bar, select properties and select “Auto-hide the taskbar”. Now it will go away when not in use." http://sudobash.net/htpc-setup-windows-7...with-xbmc/
it's an old post, but not resolved... so the answer is just do alt+enter (same hotkey as full-screen windows media player)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC starts up with taskbar showing and won't let remote control work.0