last.fm - quick question about the streaming protocol that xbmc uses
I have a question about last.fm, not sure if this is the right place for this post since it's part of xbmc and not really an addon at all.

anyway, i just got an email from last.fm and I wondered if anyone knows what it means and whether it has implications for listening through xbmc.

here's the email:

"We're writing you to let you know that there will soon be a change to Last.fm radio that may affect you. Our stats show that you've listened to radio through an application that uses our old streaming protocol. On 1 December we will deprecate this old protocol, so in some applications radio will no longer work.

If you would like to continue enjoying Last.fm Radio, consider upgrading to a new application or using http://www.last.fm/listen"

Are they talking about xbmc? Are there going to be problems down the line on 1st december for people using xbmc to listen to last.fm?
Not sure, I've asked them on their forum. Got the same mail but no notification as a maintainer.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi!

I just recieved this information in an email from Last.FM:

Quote:Hello.

We're writing you to let you know that there will soon be a change to Last.fm radio that may affect you. Our stats show that you've listened to radio through an application that uses our old streaming protocol. On 1 December we will deprecate this old protocol, so in some applications radio will no longer work.

If you would like to continue enjoying Last.fm Radio, consider upgrading to a new application or using http://www.last.fm/listen

Thanks,
The Last.fm Team

I would guess that they mean XBMC since the only other device I use is my Android phone with their official app.

In case this isn't old news (I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find any relevant info) or is it something a dev-genius might look into?

As always, thanks for making my living room the second best room in the house!
(2012-11-22, 00:28)mtjerneld Wrote: In case this isn't old news (I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find any relevant info) or is it something a dev-genius might look into?

As always, thanks for making my living room the second best room in the house!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1011932
n/m - inaccurate information was enclosed
Now that i am unable to use last.fm, is there going to be some sort of update for eden?
i read somewhere that last.fm was going to be changed from 'part of xbmc' to an addon in the new version of xbmc (version 12 aka frodo).

that's all i've got i'm afraid so doesnt really help with your question falafel Big Grin
Hmm, i am unsure about upgrading to frodo, since they are not supporting upnp library integration, and having a lot of movies, its not the one for me!
Thanks for the answer though!
Either way, it would be nice to hear what the plan is for getting last.fm working again.
Hi guys,

any news on the last.fm plugin for Eden? I would really like to use it again...

Thanks & kind regards,
cicero22
Unpleasant situation Wink
last.fm disabled the old radio api we were using.
as a result, you can no longer listen to last.fm in xbmc.

we will not be fixing this issue and are going to remove last.fm radio support in xbmc.

should anyone be interested in coding a last.fm radio addon, please send me a pm.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-12-07, 23:16)ronie Wrote: last.fm disabled the old radio api we were using.
as a result, you can no longer listen to last.fm in xbmc.

we will not be fixing this issue and are going to remove last.fm radio support in xbmc.

should anyone be interested in coding a last.fm radio addon, please send me a pm.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(thanks for the update)
Nooooooooo I used it everyday!!!!! On my atv2
I found a this python implementation for the Last.fm API. Perhaps this could help addon developers. http://code.google.com/p/pylast/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
last.fm - quick question about the streaming protocol that xbmc uses1