USB Devices in Webinterface
Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a MediaPC at a local club, but i'm running into a slight problem. Therefore i'm using a VNC Session on an Industrial touchscreen to show the webinterface of XBMC.

The only problem i'm facing is that if people plug in their USB Drive they cannot browse it on the webinterface (AWXi). I browsed the JSON-RPC v4 page, but i could not find any reference to USB or switches in the Source list retreival.

Is there something i'm missing or is this not possible with the current version?

------
Sorry, meant to post this in the Help/Support forum
AFAIK this is currently not possible but I've never tried it myself.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-11-22, 12:29)Montellese Wrote: AFAIK this is currently not possible but I've never tried it myself.

Let's go for the Nasty Approach then:
  • Create a folder somewhere (C:\Drives)
  • Add C:\Drives as a XBMC Source
  • When an USB Device is plugged in, create a Folder in (C:\Drives) for the USB Drive
  • Mount the USB Drive to C:\Drives\<USB Drive>
When unplugged, do the opposite.
If I understand correctly: People can plug their USB drives/sticks into the PC running XBMC (hope you have good anti-virus there as it looks like you're using Windows Wink)?

There was a manually settable location in the code which I recently changed to use the addons namespace. I was thinking of adding it back with the user being able to set it in the settings tab. I guess this would do what you want but you'd need to know the drive letter/path etc.

How does that sound?
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
(2012-11-23, 13:53)Mizaki Wrote: If I understand correctly: People can plug their USB drives/sticks into the PC running XBMC (hope you have good anti-virus there as it looks like you're using Windows Wink)?

There was a manually settable location in the code which I recently changed to use the addons namespace. I was thinking of adding it back with the user being able to set it in the settings tab. I guess this would do what you want but you'd need to know the drive letter/path etc.

How does that sound?
Yep every USB drive is welcome. No anti-virus here, just going to install SteadyState or an other application to freeze the condition.

That sounds very good! Even though i will need the dirty workaround to show the Drives in a single folder.

I've searched some info on this topic and found that C# can detect events trough WM_* http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1806...-C-Program
So we can create a folder when an USB device is plugged in. To mount the directory we are going to need DiskPart, with the ASSIGN command we can add a Folder to the mountpoints. Diskpart also has the "/S <file>" switch to run commands from a text file.
I've added it https://github.com/frolick/AWX-Eden/issues/97 so I probably won't forget Smile
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB Devices in Webinterface0