How many drives can I put in my case?
Hey guys I know how basic this is but Im always wary about buying thing and not being sure if they will be the right thing to get, so here goes.

I have a Fractal Design Core 3000 - tower - ATX

Specifications
6x 3,5 inch HDD trays
2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
Case size (WxHxD): 200x430x480mm with front and top bezel in place

MB is a ASUS M4A88T-M AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX

My question is what is the max number of drives I can fit in the case safely, with using drive cages for an unraid server

Also In Eskros Unraid thread he uses the Cooler Master 4 in 3 cage. Could I fit 3 of these as I can get them for a good price for them.
If I could Id prob be fine for a while.

Thanks alot
So I hear I can run xbmc off my old commodore 64.

Pretty cool......pretty really cool
The 4 in 3 cages are for converting 3 5.25" bays into 4 3.5" bays.

With that case you could fit 8 3.5" HDDs, if you added one additional 5.25 to 3.5" adapter.

You won't be disappointed with Fractal Design cases either! I recently upgraded to a Define XL and like it very much.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Thanks alot thrank

Only 8 drives....damm thats not the magic number I was looking for. I thought I could get at least 12 in there. My own fault I suppose, I cant believe I was so stupid as to not notice it before I bought it.

I guess I can make the change to 3tb drives that bit sooner and make up for the lack or room. I wish I could expand the case I have with a few more drives though
So I hear I can run xbmc off my old commodore 64.

Pretty cool......pretty really cool
If it is any consolation, you can get 9 drives in that case using one of these :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...k%202x5.25

Keep in mind that you'll need to make sure your motherboard has enough sata ports, or use a HBA card to utilize more drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How many drives can I put in my case?0