[Linux] XBMC Frodo, fanart view on homescreen not working
My issue is pretty much exactly the same as in this thread, except I'm on XBMC Frodo.
I'm running the recently released Frod beta 1 along with latest svn of Transparency (v5.0.1).

As far as I understand Transparency is looking for fanart in the "../.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart" folder, but this folder does not exist in Frodo. At least not in my Frodo. All fanart is located in the 0-f folders alongside all the other pctures as episode thumbnails, actor pictures etc..

Any suggestion to what I can do?

EDIT: Custom bacgrounds works, so the issue is just that Transparency doesn't find where the fanart is located.
well, you're entirely correct.

the old trick of loading artwork from that folder won't work anymore.
so you will have to select a custom folder that contains all your fanart images.

you can use the artwork organizer script to create such a folder:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, that worked perfectly. The link to the script in the thread is dead by the way.
(2012-11-23, 19:00)Luguber Wrote: Thanks, that worked perfectly. The link to the script in the thread is dead by the way.

cheers, removed the link.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I am attempting to do the same thing. I have installed Artwork organizer... but.... I have no idea how to get it to run now....? I can't find documentation anywhere on how to actually use an addon once you have installed it, or force it to kick off.
The first post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304 has a screen shot of the settings of Artwork organizer, you can get through to the settings from either the 'install add-ons' section, then path your way through to Artwork organizer and hit 'i' information and then settings OR from the homepage Add-ons menu button (you may have to activate this button in skin settings, menu's) again keyboard 'i' or R-mouse to change your settings... then just toggle the word 'Artwork organizer' to activate and the graphics will move to your folder you specified.
Thank you for the explanation. I am able to get to the configure screen just fine. And the keys you suggested for getting there work great.... but I don't know how to actually make it start working. Your post says to "toggle the word Artwork Organizer". I have tried hitting enter, space, and left clicking on it in the addon menu. That takes me to the screen where I can choose configure, update, uninstall, disable, rollback, and change log. It doesn't actually run it.
use the add-ons button on the homescreen
.... I don't have an addon button on the homescreen.

so i just went to my skin (aeon nox v4), went into the main menu customizer, and went through to make sure it wasn't listed but disabled.... I don't see it lisrted there either.

the only place I see addons is if I hit the down arrow from system, and this takes me to "disabled addons, "enabled addons, get addons, install from zip file, and search. if I choose enabled addons, I can see the artwork organizer - but again, when i click it, it takes me to the configure screen. it doesn't run the damn thing. this is getting very frustrating. everyone just keeps telling me to click it, and I keep saying that clicking it just takes me to a config screen.
(2012-12-20, 03:47)exoscoriae Wrote: .... I don't have an addon button on the homescreen.
ok, then you need to enable it first:
settings > skin settings > menu > add-ons
my menu is apparently totally different than the one your referencing.

Under my system I can either go to Appearance or skipping all the main ones, at the bottom is Skin.

If I goto appearance, and then under skin click settings, i get to the same place as if I had clicked on skin.

from here i can choose general, customizers, viewtypes, help, credits, and paths.

customizers is the only one that is close to what your suggesting.

From there I can click on "main menu item customizer (backgrounds, widgets)", which takes me to a version of the homescreen where I can see all possible main menu options, including disabled ones. Add-Ons is not listed here.

Options are
Pictures, Music, Movies, Music Videos, TV Shows, Live TV, TV Guide, Featured, Custom1-6, Videos, Programs, System, Search, Shutdown, Favorites and Weather

None of those are "add ons".....

edit:
Apparently it was "programs". I found it in there and was able to run it.... unfortunately all my fanart is still missing.... so in the end it didnt solve my problem. thanks for the help though.
then you're not using the Transparency! skin
and you've been posting in the wrong forum all along.
sorry, didn't see the forum was sorted by skin. I had just searched the problem of not having fanart show up, and this thread seemed relevant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] XBMC Frodo, fanart view on homescreen not working0