OS X Frodo doesn't see TV or Movies using Eden XBMC Folder
Hi - I know I'm probably being dumb about this, but I searched the FAQ and forum and couldn't find what I'm doing wrong.

I use XBMC Eden. Works beautifully.

I download Frodo, install, run. It loads everything from the Eden XBMC folder (i.e., Profiles, Add-Ons, etc.) except TV and Movies. I can access all files from the Video-->Files menu, but there are no Video-->Movies or Video-->TV menus.

I'm all set to say "Doh". But I need someone to help me see what I'm overlooking here.

Thanks.... chico
I had the same issue... I ended up installing from scratch... It was a bit of a pain :S
Go to your sources and see if content is set. Perhaps that got lost on upgrade
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-23, 20:29)Martijn Wrote: Go to your sources and see if content is set. Perhaps that got lost on upgrade
Um, yes, each of the existing sources has no content type set.

OK, I can install from scratch. But that means thousands of "watched" flags will be lost, right?

Eden still works fine from the same folder (I also kept a backup).

So the fact that Eden sees each source's content type but Frodo doesn't....is that a Frodo bug, or is there something I can do to get Frodo to read the content types for each source?

Seems like a bug.
Just set content again and you will keep watched status since that is stored elsewhere.
Starting from scratch will loose watched status
Keep backup files for now if we may need to ask some files to reproduce
(2012-11-23, 21:27)Martijn Wrote: Seems like a bug.
Just set content again and you will keep watched status since that is stored elsewhere.
Starting from scratch will loose watched status
Keep backup files for now if we may need to ask some files to reproduce

OK, thanks. I'll move forward with your advice. Whew, I didn't want to have to re-do all the watched status...Confused

I assume when you say "Keep backup files" you mean my original XBMC folder?
Yes. Keep the original userdata folder somewhere safe
You can export your video library, set import watched status in advancedsettings.xml then you can start from scratch and when it comes time to set up your libraries you can import the export.

Check the wiki first to see how it works, and make sure I haven't got it wrong
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
(2012-11-23, 21:27)Martijn Wrote: Just set content again and you will keep watched status since that is stored elsewhere.

(2012-11-24, 01:35)rocketpants Wrote: You can export your video library, set import watched status in advancedsettings.xml then you can start from scratch and when it comes time to set up your libraries you can import the export.

Well, I just set content again as Martijn suggested, and strangely I got some files correctly marked as "watched" but a whole lot of them that were correctly marked as watched under Eden are not marked under Frodo. TV files in particular came back hit-or-miss marked as "watched".

Rocketpants, I'll try your method to see if I can get Frodo running with watched status correctly marked.

Eden had a nice add-on called "import/export watched status" for just this issue, but unfortunately it won't run under Frodo.

(2012-11-24, 01:35)rocketpants Wrote: You can export your video library, set import watched status in advancedsettings.xml then you can start from scratch and when it comes time to set up your libraries you can import the export.

I just exported my video library from Eden and imported it into Frodo. Seems to have correctly grabbed the watched status, at first glance. Let me know if there's any inherent issue with doing it this way. Otherwise, it looks like I may be able to move ahead with Frodo....

There is no need to do any messing around with advancedsettings.xml if you export to a single file/folder structure and then re-import.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-28, 03:31)jmarshall Wrote: There is no need to do any messing around with advancedsettings.xml if you export to a single file/folder structure and then re-import.
Thanks. I wasn't sure what the advancedsettings.xml instructions were for but it worked fine without as you just mentioned.

That finally allowed me to use Frodo. Looks pretty good so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo doesn't see TV or Movies using Eden XBMC Folder0