MPlayer autoq postprocessing filters enabled show worse quality than if disabled
frogular currently with the bug, i think youll find quality to be better with pp turned off.
Smile 
mplayer's default video filters which come with the source work quite well on on the mplayer cvs builds I use on macos X.

i'll use this setting for standard divx/xvids
-vf pp=default/tmpnoise:1:2:3 -autoq 20

and even though all the existing pp filters for xvid don't work with h.264 I find this setting works very well for h.264 streams.

-vf hqdn3d=6:4:8,scale

I would love to be able to enter and save a line such as the two examples above as a default setting.

I've heard about a bug in xbmc's postprocessing which causes some problems. i'm wandering if this would work though as part of the main source of mplayer? Huh Wink
xbmc's pp filters are mplayer's pp filters. and you can do that. you can make a .conf file that matches the filename and put any mplayer switches you want in it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:xbmc's pp filters are mplayer's pp filters. and you can do that. you can make a .conf file that matches the filename and put any mplayer switches you want in it.

really now? a default.xbe.conf? or is it XBMC.conf?
full filename, including extension, with .conf appended. and the format of the switches is a little different:

Quote:-vf pp=default/tmpnoise:1:2:3 -autoq 20

would be:

vf=pp=default/tmpnoise:1:2:3
autoq=20
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
avoid any autoquality, it missbehaves at times.

The documentation of XBMC is not really clear whether Automatic Postprocessing is enabled by default, and what it means in practice:
- Is the auto(matic) postprocessing comparable to ffdshow "automatic quality control". Which means that deblocking/deringing is automatically throtled according to the cpu usage?
- Does auto postprocessing imply the use of both deringing and V/H deblocking?
- What kind of deblocking algoritm does XBMC use? Mplayer's accurate deblocking? (which is quite nice IMHO when used with ffdshow)
It's not enabled by default.

And we've had mixed results in the past which is why it's not enabled by default.

Feel free to play around with it - you can also set mplayer stuff via mplayer.conf.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPlayer autoq postprocessing filters enabled show worse quality than if disabled1