EPG scraping in Australia HELP!
Hi all,
I have Recently installed XBMC and Argus TVs server. As I am in Australia my FTA EPG is crap and I am having some trouble finding a XML scraper that will work with Argus. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to get am EPG working in Australia with Argus?
Thanks!
I'm from Australia... And Epg works fine. Why is it crap?
Well I must be doing something wrong. the guide on my setup it's almost completely empty. How did you set yours up?
There is currently a bug in the timeline view, a fix was recently committed... Maybe this is your issue? Works ok here with no special set up, pulls ok data from the cable...

There is an xml consolidator for Aus that pulls from a bunch of sources called Shepherd. And more listed here http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/w/xmltv/grabbers/ ... But for basic desc plus timing, out of the box should be fine. Takes a few hours to fill out though IIRC
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Make sure you check the Argus backend. Make sure all channels have the EPG box checked and hit save. Other than that, not sure what the problem could be. I assume your using the current BETA 1, Argus-TV 2.0.1 and the Argus-TV plugin.

As Bossanova808 said above, the latest nightlies have a bug stopping timeline from working. I strongly suggest at this stage to stick with BETA 1 until the next BETA is released.
Thanks for the help guys. If I want to use am XML grabber with Argus TVs,how do I set that up? In using windows 7 FYI.
Thanks again!
(2012-11-26, 08:53)nimrod77 Wrote: Thanks for the help guys. If I want to use am XML grabber with Argus TVs,how do I set that up? In using windows 7 FYI.
Thanks again!

Your easiest way to get an XMLTV output is to use EPGCollector by NZSJB. This will allow you to scan the full Foxtel network as well as FTA, get a full blown 7 day guide from it and then if you set the output for the Argus XMLTV directory, import it directly in to Argus.

I run this as a daily schedule for Sky NZ to grab the latest EPG, bar a few foibles with the OpenTV protocol it seems to work fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG scraping in Australia HELP!0