XBMCbuntu suddenly won't boot
My relatively new XBMCbuntu (Eden v11) box was working fine last night, but this morning I turn it on and get this message while turning it on:

Code:
* Checking battery state ...                    [ OK ]
* Stopping System V runlevel compatibility      [ OK ]
* Starting Mount network filesystems            [ OK ]
* Stopping Mount network filesystems            [ OK ]

It never loads the GUI, just sits on a black screen with this.
I can ssh into the box, but don't know what to do.

Any help? What can I provide to give more insight?
Is the drive corrupted? It started to mount and then stopped?

Can you get to your userdata folder for a backup? SFTP it all off and reinstall xbmcbuntu?
XBMC on MacMini + <12TB of material displaying on 60" or 150".
Which drive would be corrupt? I have the OS installed on a brand new USB stick.

Is the complaint about the "network" filesystems? I have all my media on a samba share on a separate computer. That drive and computer are working fine (accessing it from my laptop right now)

I could reinstall, but I just reinstalled yesterday. Yesterday I decided to try an "apt-get dist-upgrade" which failed because the USB stick ran out of space.

hmm... maybe the stick IS corrupt.. ?
I never do a dist upgrade, in past experience it can bugger the system right up.

i would do a re-install and stay away from dist-upgrade

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
if the stick ran out of space, your install most probably is corrupt now
I'm re-reinstalling onto the same stick. I assume the stick itself won't be corrupted after running out of disk space.

Thanks for the advice about never doing a dist-upgrade.
Does XBMC get minor updates after its original release? What's the proper way of updating?
i boot into xbmcbuntu and do it via package manager but you can follow some instructions here

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._XBMCbuntu

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu suddenly won't boot0