Not recognizing all drives located on the same local network
I have my main desktop PC that has all my media drives in it and I have my HTPC out in the living room that I stream to. I recently upgraded both PCs to windows 10 64bit.

Kodi doesn't seem recognize 3 out of the 4 drives in my PC, they do not appear when I am trying to add files. I can get to these drives through windows explorer without issue so I know they are being shared in the homegroup correctly by windows but for some reason kodi just doesn't see them. I tried both 16.1 and 15.2, same problem with both.

I was running windows 7 before and no problems with XBMC/kodi for years.
I had some weirdness off and on with Kodi not finding UNC path shares. My workaround was to map drive letters to the 3 network shares I use. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
(2016-05-28, 22:36)snarfo Wrote: I had some weirdness off and on with Kodi not finding UNC path shares. My workaround was to map drive letters to the 3 network shares I use. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

this worked, thanks
You can manually specify the UNC paths too. Doesn't always have to be mapped drive letters.

Homegroup can argue with SMB. The PC can connect to those drives using Homegroup credentials before KODI has managed to connect with SMB.

I have also found that the SMB Browse within KODI has been broken for a while. So I manually supply my SMB credentials.

One place to have a play in the Windows OS is the lesser known "Windows Credential Manager". (Use Search to find it on the PC). This lets you tell the PC exactly which user it should be using when connecting to other PCs on your home network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not recognizing all drives located on the same local network0