Simplify XBMC configurations......
I should have said :
- xbmc frodo v12.0
- I updated amd driver to latest
- un-installed realtek audio driver
- xbmc is working in window mode fullscreen (but same pb in fulllscreen)
- no relevant error in xbmc.log

JP
My almost silent XBMC PC : [CASE] Smart Teck Cube (PSU removed) [PSU] HFX EF15 fanless 150 watt [FAN] Noctua with fanmate at lowest speed
[MOBO] ASRock A75M-ITX [CPU] AMD A6-3500 [CPU Fan] Scythe Shuriken rev B [RAM] 4 GB [GPU] AMD Radeon HD 6530D onboard
[HDD]
2 TB [KEYBOARD] Logitech K400 [Remote] Logitech Harmony 900
[OS]
Windows 7 [SKIN] AEON MQ3
(2013-02-22, 09:18)BimmerCop Wrote: Quick update, Bluray...

I finally got everything working!!! The problem is that XMBC just won't play any of the 3D .mkv files in my PC. No matter what I did, it just wouldn't send the 3D signal to my projector. I ruled out the receiver by connecting the PC directly to the projector, and still no joy.

After searching around, I ran into Stereoscopic Player. This program is great and played all the .mkv files as 3D movies and all of them, my projector recognized and kicked into 3D mode.

I then installed FFDShow and configured it correctly so that the audio was passed through as bitstream/DTS to the receiver.

Now I was able to play the 3D movies as 1080p/24 AND send DTS audio to the receiver.

ONLY problem is that not all my movies are 3D! So I definitely want to be able to use XMBC. So, I was able to setup a custom playercorefactory.xml file so that everytime I try to view a 3D movie within XMBC, XMBC will open Stereoscopic Player to allow me to use that instead and once I close SP, I will be automatically returned to XMBC!!!!

It took me ALL DAY today to get this figured out and man, it sure is satisfying to see everything working.

This will keep me set until HOPEFULLY, XMBC comes out with native 3D support. =)

Thanks for your help, Bluray!
I didn't know you want external player option. I couldn't have point you to my thread- post #1610.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Maybe it's the wrong thread to ask, but I try anywayWink , Bluray, how do you remote control your XBMC, hardware remote or software? -and maybe you could give some hints/advise how to set it up...? use a Mac mini with XBMC in bootcamped win7.....I also use the irule remote to some other hardware..
Kindly
Jan
(2013-02-26, 10:24)runnernorth Wrote: Maybe it's the wrong thread to ask, but I try anywayWink , Bluray, how do you remote control your XBMC, hardware remote or software? -and maybe you could give some hints/advise how to set it up...? use a Mac mini with XBMC in bootcamped win7.....I also use the irule remote to some other hardware..
It's the wrong thread for this, but I'm gonna provide you the information anyway. If it is MCE remote, it should work out of the box. You can use this link to setup remote controller- [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way......
You're just so kind!! Thx, I'll look at it, Thx :-)
Kindly
Jan
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks: "I have an AMD GPU and I was always wondering why 1080p playback didn't go smoothly. Had the renderer set to DXVA instead of Auto-detect. Now no stuttering (especially noticable during panning scenes) or artifacts! Also, the sound seems "deeper" now, when I switched to WASAPI. Could be me, though... Anyway, thanks!
TV: Panasonic L32E5
AVR: Panasonic BTT282
HTPC: Antec Fusion 430 Silver - Antec Earthwatts EA-500D Green - Asrock A75M-HVS - AMD A8-3870K - Scythe Ninja Rev. B - Kingston 2x4 GB 1866Mhz - Crucial M4 SSD 64GB - OS: Windows 8 x64
REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 555
STORAGE: Synology DS211 [2TB]
GAMING: PS3 Classic 80GB
I still have troubles playing Blu-ray stuff. The video plays in slomo and stutter.Sad
Configuration:
Intel Core i3-2330M (2,2 Ghz) (with HD Graphics 3000)
Memory 8 Gb
HDD Samsung SSD 128 Gb
Windows 7 64b
Files are on a Thecus N5550 with Gigabit cabled network.

I have setup the system as in the first message (DVXA no hardware, rendering DVXA Software etc.)
Any suggestions or is this systeem with XBMC 12 not good enough?

Wilco
(2013-03-03, 11:53)wbree Wrote: I still have troubles playing Blu-ray stuff. The video plays in slomo and stutter.Sad
Configuration:
Intel Core i3-2330M (2,2 Ghz) (with HD Graphics 3000)
Memory 8 Gb
HDD Samsung SSD 128 Gb
Windows 7 64b
Files are on a Thecus N5550 with Gigabit cabled network.

I have setup the system as in the first message (DVXA no hardware, rendering DVXA Software etc.)
Any suggestions or is this systeem with XBMC 12 not good enough?

Wilco
I'm not sure how you connected your HTPC. If you are connecting it to AVR and then HDTV via HDMI cables, you have to configure Frodo audio output similar to my screenshot below. You can find more tips on Frodo audio configurations in the first page...

Thanks for your respons.
I do have the HTPC connected to my DENON AVR-3808 which is connected to my Panasonic Plasma TV by HDMI.
The setup is the same as in the picture you show except for the "Output stereo to all speakers". But I don't think that this item will effect the performance.
Any other suggestions?

Wilco
Have you update the latest Intel driver from here- Find By Category?

Are the files playback okay on USB or local drive?
First off I wanted to thank you Bluray for your excellent post. I was having playback issues and this solved them... however, the wife and I were watching a recorded TV Show last night and the video started stuttering again. What solved the stuttering was turning on "Adjust display refresh rate to match video " however this made the audio/video out of sync just enough to make it feel like we were watching a dubbed show.

My setup is HTPC --> Panasonic Viera tc-p55st50 via HDMI and HTPC --> Harmon Kardon AVR 310 via optical cable (AVR does not support HDMI audio). Windows supported formats list Dolby Digital and DTS are supported.

My HTPC settings mirror this

except I have 5.1 speaker config, Output stereo to all speakers is not checked and AAC capable receiver is not checked.

I believe I have all the settings set correctly so I am not sure why I am still getting some stuttering. Any ideas?

Also, should I have "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" checked? And if so, what can I do to get A/V to sync?

Thanks again for your excellent post and I appreciate any feedback.
(2013-03-05, 21:10)bucsman1 Wrote: First off I wanted to thank you Bluray for your excellent post. I was having playback issues and this solved them... however, the wife and I were watching a recorded TV Show last night and the video started stuttering again. What solved the stuttering was turning on "Adjust display refresh rate to match video " however this made the audio/video out of sync just enough to make it feel like we were watching a dubbed show.
Have you try "Sync playback to display and Video Clock (Resample audio)" options in Frodo settings/videos/playback?
These options don't work when bitstreaming - like ReClock, JRiver's Videoclock etc, they only have an effect where the player is decoding the stream.

Bucsman - audio sync issues are fairly common in XBMC (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=24fps), have a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml - in particular Video 3.44 <video>. Audio delay settings can be set for individual refresh rate eg if you find the delay to be 125ms for 24fps content, you can set that delay for all 24fps content.
(2013-03-04, 23:31)bluray Wrote: Have you update the latest Intel driver from here- Find By Category?

All drivers are up to date. I have copied the ISO file with Blu-Ray content to the local drive (101 MB/s).
Unfortunately the same bad results.

Wilco
(2013-03-08, 18:39)wbree Wrote:
(2013-03-04, 23:31)bluray Wrote: Have you update the latest Intel driver from here- Find By Category?

All drivers are up to date. I have copied the ISO file with Blu-Ray content to the local drive (101 MB/s).
Unfortunately the same bad results.

Wilco
Have you select exclusive mode in Windows audio property? Did you downloaded Realtek from here- High Definition Audio Codecs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simplify XBMC configurations......2