Win IMDB scaper not working
Hi
i'm using eden on win7 64b and really liked it

i scraped my entire movie collection with imdb scraper, and even though i had to change some entries, everything was running smoothly
today i added a couple of movies and tryed to scrape them with imdb, but no luck: after a quick search i get stucked on "enter movie name" screen
i've tryed with other scrapers and they worked normally

what could be the issue with imdb?

thank you for helping me
filippo

ps: imdb scraper will not show me the results even if i search for movie id number...
I was about to post the exact same thing, cause I have the exact same problem. IMDb scraper seems not working.
IMDB have changed their search page completely.

Might take a while for a fix.
Indeed, scudlee, I've noticed the same in Chrome, which allowed you to search IMDb by typing "imdb.com[space]movie title" in the address bar, this now results in a broken page. Quickest solution is to set-up another scraper, such as MovieMeter or TheMovieDB.
Where exactly can I select the movie scraper? So for now should I avoid the IMDB-scraper?
Struggling with this also on the pi raspbmc.

Unbelievable. Changed a keymap to update library and couldnot get it working.

Would anyone know if u can change scrapes mid library?? Say start using moviedb without having to rescrap whole library?
(2012-11-28, 20:22)Syncopation Wrote: Where exactly can I select the movie scraper? So for now should I avoid the IMDB-scraper?

You can select the scraper for each one of your sources. Go to your file list where you added your sources, right click one and select edit source to pick a new scraper.

I, too, would like to know if you can change mid-scrape so I don't have to rescrape the entire library. Also has this happened with IMDB in the past, and if so, does anyone have a ballpark figure on how long this could possibly take to get fixed?
(2012-11-28, 23:47)lzep Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 20:22)Syncopation Wrote: Where exactly can I select the movie scraper? So for now should I avoid the IMDB-scraper?

You can select the scraper for each one of your sources. Go to your file list where you added your sources, right click one and select edit source to pick a new scraper.

I, too, would like to know if you can change mid-scrape so I don't have to rescrape the entire library. Also has this happened with IMDB in the past, and if so, does anyone have a ballpark figure on how long this could possibly take to get fixed?

Hi there.

Just tried it. Yes u can. Goto videos. Context menu. Set content. Change scraper. Asked if i wanted to refresh contents. I said no (500+). Cant be asked for now. Rescanned amd presto picked up my new movies.

On a side note. Hade to move them to another folder temporarily to clean library from failed scraps earlier.
(2012-11-28, 23:55)pontyjon Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 23:47)lzep Wrote:

Hi there.

Just tried it. Yes u can. Goto videos. Context menu. Set content. Change scraper. Asked if i wanted to refresh contents. I said no (500+). Cant be asked for now. Rescanned amd presto picked up my new movies.

On a side note. Hade to move them to another folder temporarily to clean library from failed scraps earlier.

rock on! thanks.
Quote:would like to know if you can change mid-scrape so I don't have to rescrape the entire library
You can exit scanning from the content/source menu at any time, then change scrapers at which point you will be presented with a requester to scan the material, or exit and manually scrape. Until there are patches to the IMdb scraper, you'll have to use another. Best best solution is to scrape a source completely, then enter the sources menu, change to scraper of your choice and scrape the individual file or files of your choosing.
Actually, the fix should be quite easy. Haven't looked into the source of the scraper yet, but the old search URI was the following:

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all;q=genghis

All that has changed is that ";" should be "&", like in the following example:

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=genghis

So, simply changing 1 character would fix the scraper - probably. This finds the corresponding movie, along with the IMDb code (e.g. "tt0111161"), and with that it should be able to scrape the plot, rating, etc. unless their API has also changed, which I doubt.
One wonders if a simple binary search and replace might do the trick... regardless; just entering the tt code (e.g. "tt0111161") in a file with the name of movie.nfo works too.
PatK, what do you mean? Are you suggesting we put a movie.nfo file with the sole contents of it being "tt0111161", after which the IMDb scraper will proceed to function normally again?
(2012-11-29, 18:01)lorenzo0 Wrote: PatK, what do you mean? Are you suggesting we put a movie.nfo file with the sole contents of it being "tt0111161", after which the IMDb scraper will proceed to function normally again?
Yes I tested it out, seems to work.. of course you must have the correct tt value from the IMdb

I don't understand why IMDB don't provide a public API. They have absolutely nothing to gain by making people scrape their website, plus it makes them look like assholes. I'm sure they actually do have an API (which could probably be reverse-engineered by disassembling their Android app), they're just smug enough not to release it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB scaper not working0