Win IMDB scaper not working
On the other hand .. i think i'lll pass on putting a movie.nfo with the IMDb value manually for every movie, too much work. I'll just stick to TheMovieDB for now, seems to work fine as well, except for the fact it doesn't have 1 movie in their database, and there's less fanart.
The IMdb like most web sites exist because of the $ generated by individual visits, without which the bills don't get paid, I don't image that sheer generosity and donations would keep a high profile site with millions of visits per day alive, they need alternative revenue streams. The IMdb doesn't exist just for the convenience of home theatre enthusiasts and scrapers, and they have to keep making changes as they see fit to engage and keep visitors coming back for a full browser experience.

Competition is good, I think XBMC users will be served well by participating in and using TheMovieDB
(2012-11-30, 17:48)PatK Wrote: Competition is good, I think XBMC users will be served well by participating in and using TheMovieDB

So far, the only scraper with correct results (near to 100% on my Movielist with about 930 Movies) was with IMDB. I will shut down the autoscrape for a while, until the Scraper is back - seems to be marked as "defect" today..
Maybe i'm also wrong with my knowing about theMovieDB - but I dont want to manually modify all my titles again, to match this DB, or create nfo's for each.

Thanks a lot to all members of XBMC-Team and all the people spending their free time, to make a "on the way to be perfect" HTPC Software....
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
You could also try a tool like ember that stores metadata with your movies. As of last night I believe it was still working although it also uses IMDB. Guess I'll have to double check tonight!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Ember doesn't work either... Or only when you have an nfo with the imdb id alongside the movie.

I suggest everyone to use the Universal Scraper for now, until the new search enginer at IMDb gets stabilized. It currently uses the search engine of The Movie Database, but can get all information from IMDb (you can very flexibly configure it via it's settings). Certainly the downside is that you cannot scrape movies which are not on TMDb, but this shouldn't affect a lot of movies.
(2012-12-01, 08:53)olympia Wrote: Ember doesn't work either... Or only when you have an nfo with the imdb id alongside the movie.

I suggest everyone to use the Universal Scraper for now, until the new search enginer at IMDb gets stabilized. It currently uses the search engine of The Movie Database, but can get all information from IMDb (you can very flexibly configure it via it's settings). Certainly the downside is that you cannot scrape movies which are not on TMDb, but this shouldn't affect a lot of movies.

Hi Olympia, I dont know if anyone else is encountering this issue now but earlier today the universal scraper was working just fine, now it doesn't seem to be able to find anything. I keep on getting an error message "Unable to connect to remote server". I have it set to gather everything from IMDB. Using the standard MovieDB scraper works so does this mean that even the universal scraper no longer works for IMDB?
I had this issue earlier, I deleted the addon and its addon data. I then reinstalled and it solved the issue.
Ok I know how to delete the add on but what about the add on data? Where is that located?

Edit: never mind figured it out and it solved my issue thank you very much.
Anyone know when this is going to be fixed? It sucks not having a good scraper.
There are multiple good scrapers. What is sucks is that you are expecting a scraper to find movies if you name your folders/files by the IMDb ID. This is nonesense. If you want a one to one match, then you can always create an nfo file with the imdb id and then the scrapers will find the movies based on that whatever folder/file naming convention you use.
(2012-12-04, 08:43)olympia Wrote: There are multiple good scrapers. What is sucks is that you are expecting a scraper to find movies if you name your folders/files by the IMDb ID. This is nonesense. If you want a one to one match, then you can always create an nfo file with the imdb id and then the scrapers will find the movies based on that whatever folder/file naming convention you use.

So as far as I understand, the scraper will reference the "movie.nfo" file within the folder that has the relevant IMDB link? or does it have to be an .nfo that is the same filename as the original movie file?

i.e. Movie 1-1080p.mkv with Movie 1-1080p.nfo?

Thanks
Both will work. ^^
(2012-12-04, 08:43)olympia Wrote: There are multiple good scrapers. What is sucks is that you are expecting a scraper to find movies if you name your folders/files by the IMDb ID. This is nonesense. If you want a one to one match, then you can always create an nfo file with the imdb id and then the scrapers will find the movies based on that whatever folder/file naming convention you use.

My folder is not the IMDB id only the file. As such I have had problems with certain movies and the wiki suggested naming the file the ID to fix that problem, and the problem only occurs when there is a movie with the same title or remake. Or has a name with characters not permitted such as the movie 50/50 which I have to name 50-50.

root@yamamoto:~# find /media/XBMC/Movies -name 'tt*'
/media/XBMC/Movies/50-50/tt1306980.mkv
/media/XBMC/Movies/Mirror Mirror (2012)/tt1667353.mp4
/media/XBMC/Movies/The Grey (2012)/tt1601913.avi
That said, place an nfo file there with the IMDb id in it and you will get it working. By the way, I am pretty sure that Mirror Mirror and The Gray is working without it.
(2012-12-06, 22:42)olympia Wrote: That said, place an nfo file there with the IMDb id in it and you will get it working. By the way, I am pretty sure that Mirror Mirror and The Gray is working without it.

But how do I install the scraper when it's marked as broken?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB scaper not working0