stuttering and choppy playback
(2012-12-16, 17:09)jaja714 Wrote: bluray, my Acer Aspire R3700 has "Acer TDPS05 R3700" as the mobo.
Unfortunately, I don't think that your Ion is supporting bitstreaming TrueHD and DTS-HD. The best it can do is decode by XBMC and passing LPCM to your AVR. You might have to un-tick TrueHD and DTS-HD capable receiver options in XBMC audio output for it to work right. These are the drivers I found for it-

-Acer Aspire R3700

The latest Nvidia driver is- GeForce R304 Driver....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I am convinced we are completely off track here. I have the Eagles Farewell Tour on blu-ray. I mastered it myself from hd-dvd. I have it memorized making this the best hd audio reference.

When I play it from TMT5 (a trial version that bluray asked me to download earlier in this thread) it plays and sounds perfect with all of the current drivers. The horns are coming out the rear surround channels and the stage separations are replicated perfectly. TMT was easily configured to use Sound Card: NVIDIA, Output Mode: HDMI, and Mixing Mode: Original.

When I play this using xmbc Frodo, sound is coming out all the speakers but it doesn't have the same separation and the effects (horns, audience) are not in the rear surround speakers. The video is also very pixellated. I am now afraid that all of my movies have been doing the same thing ... putting a random mix of sounds through all 5 speakers but not the intended way.

My hardware supports all of this.  Whatever TMT5 is doing ... I want that.  Unfortunately, TMT5 does not have the library features of xbmc or the integration with my music.  Attaching external players is nice but clunky.

The problem must be with xbmc and probably the way it is setup. However, we've gone round and round with this. You are starting to ask me questions that have already been asked.. Isn't there a version of Frodo with additional debugging that can help speed things up after all this time?
(2012-12-17, 00:16)jaja714 Wrote: When I play it from TMT5 (a trial version that bluray asked me to download earlier in this thread) it plays and sounds perfect with all of the current drivers. The horns are coming out the rear surround channels and the stage separations are replicated perfectly. TMT was easily configured to use Sound Card: NVIDIA, Output Mode: HDMI, and Mixing Mode: Original.
I understand that it played fine with TMT5, but the audio could have decoded by TMT5. Unless you saw TrueHD or DTS-HD display on your AVR little display screen, Ion is not bitstreaming HD audio....

At the end, you might have to un-tick TrueHD and DTS-HD capable receiver options in XBMC audio output for it to work right....

No more ticking and unticking ... This thread is full of failed attempts at dozens of combination of every possible option. We've tried them all and I try them all before every post.

Look, we're past drivers and option guessing ... what is the next step?
Some people don't seem to be familiar with the term "troubleshooting". Every combination of failed attempts are nice folks in this forum trying to help. I think people forget that everyone is here to help on all different levels of knowledge. We are fortunate to have a forum like this with so many options to help us "troubleshoot".
I would gladly pay to get xbmc fixed as opposed to paying for TMT5 or Power DVD.
(2012-12-17, 03:53)jaja714 Wrote: No more ticking and unticking ...
XBMC is an open source media player. There is no way around from ticking and unticking the options to select the right options for your HTPC. I'm not trying to be rough on you, but it might be a reality that Ion cannot bitstreaming HD audio. You might have to un-tick DTS-HD/TrueHD for it to work right.....
That is seriously about the 10th time I've been told to untick DTS-HD and Tur-HD. Can we all just remember that those options were unticked many pages ago in this thread?
Do you use the Revo for other things that you need Windows for? if not then it might be worth trying the xbmcbuntu or Openelec to see if you have any better luck with linux.
my wife uses it all the time to access etv.net for russian shows. must stay windows.
why is TMT5 able to play things correctly without any of this tweaking?
TMT5 probably uses Directsound hence the no fiddling.

Are for your channel mapping issue, make sure "Output stereo to all speakers" is not enabled, you appear to have it enabled from this screenshot https://plus.google.com/photos/115745765...1003246722
(2012-12-17, 18:11)jaja714 Wrote: why is TMT5 able to play things correctly without any of this tweaking?
TMT5 is a paid media player, and it is engineered and built for minimal configuration (most of everything is pre-set).....that is why it is not an open source player.....

Most of us hate TMT5 because we cannot tweak it.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stuttering and choppy playback0