• 15(current)
Integrated Video Game Emulators
i got it all planned out
(2013-02-16, 18:29)garbear Wrote: @Dondi, cptspiff, Bstrdsmkr, how should we do background music in the GUI? I'm thinking build a playlist, hit enter on a rom, and have xbmc start playing both at the same time

Hey garbear. Thanks for taking my suggestion under consideration. I guess I will again reference my 3DArcade setup where each arcade environment has a config file where you can assign a music playlist just as you referenced. In the config you can assign shuffle to TRUE/FALSE and a sound level 0 - 100. Herre is a copy/paste of the SOUND, AMBIENT SOUND & JUKEBOX section of one of my config files from one of my arcades in 3DArcade:

--8. Sound, ambient sound and jukebox
--
ambientfile|arcadeambient01.mp3|#sound|overrides the general setting in fe.cfg so you can use a different one for each arcade. if kept empty no background sound will be played for this arcade environment|
ambientvol|30|#editable|volume of the background sound 0-100|
musicmenulist|playlistmusic.atf|#list|a list that contains music playlists and will be shown on models of type arcjukebox|
musicplaylist|Big80s.atf|#list2|if this points to a valid playlist this list will be played when this arcade starts|
musicvol|70|#editable||
musicrandom|true|#boole|when set to true a random mp3 will be played from the current playlist|

Here are the relevant lines of the above cfg.
musicmenulist|playlistmusic.atf|#list|a list that contains music playlists and will be shown on models of type arcjukebox|
This is a master list of all music playlists available to 3DArcade (playlistmusic.atf). If you walk over to the jukebox that is in the arcade, you can change the playlist by selecting a different playlist without editing a config file or exiting the FE. This change will remain persistent across sessions

musicplaylist|Big80s.atf|#list2|if this points to a valid playlist this list will be played when this arcade starts|
I created several playlists, this acrade's music jukebox playlist is currently using my Big80s.atf playlist that is populated with old 80s mp3s

musicvol|70|#editable||
Here, the volume of the playlist is set to 70%

musicrandom|true|#boole|when set to true a random mp3 will be played from the current playlist|
...and here it plays in shuffle mode

I guess, if we equate each 3DArcade environment as the single GUI for RetroPlayer, then the above settings should equate similarly to the way RetroPlayer could handle playing music playlists. I am unclear on how you cited the instantiation of it however. Are you saying music will only play, or start playing after you select a ROM to play? Or will the music list play while navigating around the GUI while deciding which game to play?
I was thinking more along the lines that once a playlist has been selected in the settings, maybe it just starts, or you hit play right there and remains persistent throughout the Retroplayer session. Can this setting be persistent so that when you start retroplayer it will start playing when entering the GUI and continue playing uninterrupted even when starting and exiting different EMUs/games? I don't think I'd have a need for controlling the music or having it change/fast forward/skip or anything like that once it starts playing. I'm fine with letting a playlist simply play continuously, shuffled and uninterrupted while in the RetroPlayer GUI and while starting, playing and exiting my games while in the RetroPlayer session
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
Is there a way to disable the analog stick to rewind when using XBOX controller?

Also, anyone had luck or try using 2 players? I just tried two XBOX controllers over 1 wireless adapater, and both give Player 1 inputs in SNES-9x and SNES-9x-next. Just compiled about 45 mins ago.
You can disable the analog stick (probably by assigning it to an empty string) in joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.xml. Look for <FullscreenGame>

Multi-player is theoretically possible. The code is there, I just need to figure out a good way to configure the controllers
Thanks. I just tried changing the joystick.xml (mistakenly) and now my XBMC is crashing on startup. If its still doing so tomorrow I`ll post log and dmp file.

Mind pointing to me where the Multi-player code you speak of is? I am an experienced C++ dev, so maybe I could look into that for you. Havent touched XBMC, but this seems like a good task for me to start with.
Heads up, emulators can't be downloaded in Eldorado's build anymore (existing emus still work). The repo has been restructured to better match the pvr repos, so you'll need a build compiled after this post.

On the plus side, a lot of disorganized logic has been abstracted away and the code is cleaner with less bugs. There's about 500 new lines of code, and some new advanced settings to help with the audio and rom compatibility. fun times.
Is this in a compilable state? I've been getting compile errors for days now and while I'm also getting updates the error seems consistent. This is on an ION1 with Linux on it - 2.6.35 kernel. This box has been used to compile mainline for ages with no issues. Sad

http://pastebin.com/HbpUMP28

I'm pulling using -> git pull garbearrocks retroplayer if that matters and I'm up to date. A make clean has been done...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
(2013-02-17, 02:16)xceph Wrote: Thanks. I just tried changing the joystick.xml (mistakenly) and now my XBMC is crashing on startup. If its still doing so tomorrow I`ll post log and dmp file.

Mind pointing to me where the Multi-player code you speak of is? I am an experienced C++ dev, so maybe I could look into that for you. Havent touched XBMC, but this seems like a good task for me to start with.
You should check out this thread if you haven't coded for XBMC before. If there's anything else you need Garbear is your main guy to ask.
Hi BLKMGK,

I was compiling on windows until this morning, I'll be on my linux box for a while now trying to get the wii classic controller working. I fixed the compile errors already, I'll push them in a bit.

Edit: pushed. XBMC is crashing on startup for me, but I think it's a faulty graphics card (happens on windows too). let me know if it works

and nice upstream name Wink
(2013-02-17, 02:16)xceph Wrote: Thanks. I just tried changing the joystick.xml (mistakenly) and now my XBMC is crashing on startup. If its still doing so tomorrow I`ll post log and dmp file.

Sorry xceph, missed your post. RetroPlayer's input system intercepts gamepad states non-invasively. XBMC filters gamepad events (e.g. no button unpress messages are sent), so I had to place a hook at the source of the gamepad polls. The hook to monitor button states is here. It's in a for loop that looks like

Code:
for (int j = 0; j < numJoysticks; j++)
    ProcessGamepad(joystick[j]);

ProcessGamepad() has an array of buttons states, so adding multiplayer starts with adding another dimension, a set of button states for each player.

I'm switching to linux to get gamepads working there (somewhat conveniently, my friend's wii classic controller only works on linux). Once I get ProcessGamepad() working for buttons and axes, I'll start on multi-player myself. Sounds like a good place to meet up Smile

XBMC is a beast, PM me with any questions and I'll do my best to pretend like I know what I'm talking about Wink
(2013-02-17, 12:33)garbear Wrote: Edit: pushed. XBMC is crashing on startup for me, but I think it's a faulty graphics card (happens on windows too). let me know if it works

I can confirm that the code can be compiled on linux. Everything seems to work for me but the Xbox 360 controller while playing (The controller works flawlessly everywhere else ) Smile

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/VBQHixL8
Good news! After about 3 hours into my first XBMC coding session I have 2players working!

Now.. If only I knew how to use git... Sorry, Im a Subversion/Perforce guy Sad
xceph, are you on windows? I use a gui front end for git called msysgit - http://msysgit.github.com/

Setup an account on github, fork garbears repository to your account

Make your changes in your repo (pushing changes to your repo via msysgit is easy) and then do a pull request to garbear, this pushes your updates back to him

@garbear, I may have missed this, but is button mapping per emu possible?
Doing so now.. My only concern is that I checked out his repo w/o forking and just made the edits. Am I able to merge these to my fork automatically, or should I do some old school copy pasta?
Going to take a few to rebase this.. lots of edits made to the files I used Sad
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrated Video Game Emulators22