XBMC and ID3 tag COMPILATION
Hello.

I've had a rough time organizing my music library to make it easily compatible with XBMC scrappers.

One thing I noticed is that, although I had ID3 tag compilation set to 1 in many mp3 files, XBMC simply ignored it and followed its own somehow twisted logic.

Does anyone if this is actually not supported in XBMC? Just wanted to be sure, as if not supported, doesn't make much sense to me.

Thanks in advance.
What version of XBMC?

It should be supported in either Eden or Frodo, but things changed majorly for Frodo, so we may be missing it - try with Beta1.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Version I tried was Frodo before Beta1, still Alpha7, I think...

How does the COMPILATION ID3 tag work together with this logic (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...le_Artists)?
I doubt there's much difference between alpha7 and beta1, but please test latest (beta2) anyway.

If you find that things aren't being read correctly, provide a couple of mp3 files so others can test (use dropbox or similar).

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I've discovered a workaround for XBMC Eden (11.0) that I didn't come across on the net so I'll leave it here.

When you fix your ID3 tags with an editor such as EasyTAG, XBMC doesn't notice them when you run 'Update Library'. However, when I added album art to the mp3s, *then* XBMC also picked up on the new ID3 tags. I think it's possible that XBMC doesn't bother reading the tags again if the filesize of the mp3's don't change.

Alternatively, moving the mp3s out of their directory temporarily - running 'Update Library' - returning the mp3's to their folders and running 'Update Library' seems to work also.
I've just come across this problem too. Thanks for the work around TenLeftFingers. Have you found a more permanent solution yet please?
XBMC checks the date and filesize of the mp3 to see whether they're changed. If both are not, it doesn't know anything has been changed.

Most tagging apps tend to at least set the modified date of the mp3 when you change it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and ID3 tag COMPILATION0