• 38(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
I thought it would probably be AMD graphics as they are well renowned for EDID problems, so you will likely need what's called an EDID override which is a method for forcibly telling the PC what the HDMI should support.

A lot of information on this over at AVSForum where the expert Tulli should be able to help you, see

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-o...-ati-5xxxs

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1091403/edid-override-thread
thanks alot, i'll definitly check this out
oke, anyone that has a step by step guide, cos its definitly not working for me
Now Windows freezes when the logo comes up
Alright then, i got windows back to work again and read somewhere that someone got hd audio when using xbmcbuntu or openelec, so im trying that now.
HD audio support for AMD on Linux is still experimental, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174854

Not sure if Openelec includes any of that yet, but if so it will be in the nightly development builds only, so you might be better sticking with Windows.

When trying the override, did get you get Tulli to generate the override file for you from the two EDID captures for your TV & AVR?
No i didn't, no wonder it didn't work. I knew i did something wrong
I not used his services myself, but Tulli always seems very friendly and helpful so anything you're not sure of ask on those AVSForum threads.
I will, thanks for the help
I'm using Gotham alpha 8. For some reason, I have to set audio output to analogue in order to hear sound from any source that has hd audio. On any lossy audio file, it plays fine set to HDMI (which is how it's connected). I'm using a soundbar, which accepts lossless audio (on Frodo everything worked perfectly). I don't know if it's on wasapi or directsound, or what, because I can't find that part of the settings in Gotham. No video stuttering at all. Any ideas? Thanks!
You've been caught out by the new Settings Level feature I think, thus aren't seeing all the settings to get configured correctly. See section in 1st post on the Gotham Alpha builds.
I found it. I had it set up on my main HTPC, but forgot about it when I was setting up my boys' new computer. Thanks anyway!
Ok, so now, I had to choose Optical to get sound from a movie file. The only connection I use is hdmi. But that wouldn't output sound, and switching to analog didn't work like before. Wasapi is selected for both options. Any ideas?
Most likely you had either the speaker configuration incorrect, so 5.1 where the HDMI connection only supports 2.0, or the format you were playing that's enabled when you select HDMI is not compatible such ad DTS-HD.

A debug log_file (wiki) would tell me the capabilities of the PC.
Ok, I'll work on getting a log up. I'm off the next couple of days. But in the meantime I'll try the configuration. I have it set as 2.1. It's a soundbar with sub. I'll try 2.0, see what that gets me.
Hi,
I have a lenovo q190 (the latest i3 - 3217U) version running XBMC Frodo 2.2 on windows 7.
I'm able to play all files with DTS, AC3 and also a few test files of DTS-HD and True HD without any problems.
All my connections are thro' HDMI. Q190 --> Yamaha RX-V373 --> Panasonic LED 32".

My main issue is I'm not able to play .dts audio files in the Q190. The same files would play on my Revo 3700 running XBMC Frodo 2.2 with (DTS-HD & True HD capable receiver disabled) HDMI Direct sound enabled as Audio output and Passthrough device . And i can get my AVR to display DTS when playing these files.

I'm able to play the same files in the Q190 when i change the audio settings to Analog and speaker output to 2.0 or 5.1.
I then tested by changing the settings to HDMI with speaker output to 5.1 - Direct sound with all AVR capablities disabled and was able to play the same files without any issue but was playing in PCM mode. Then enabled only the AC3 capability and was still able to play with out any issues and my AVR was reporting as Dolby Digital.
I then enabled DTS capable receiver and then XBMC would not play these files.

i have also attached the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=77090.

I also could play the same files in Foobar (WASAPI enabled), so i think there are no issues with source file.

What could be the problem? I'm not aware if there is any known problem of Frodo 2.2 not being able to play DTS audio files. Hope anyone can clarify or help me out in sorting out this issue. Thanks.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10