• 10(current)
Timeshift Support
(2013-03-27, 18:44)Biggus Wrote: Hi Frank,

I meant I just had the version that shipped with the standard XBMCunbuntu.iso Frodo download installed, I've never attempted to upgrade it, until I decided I need time shift then I found this article.

Is it as simple as me opening up a terminal window and doing this
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:adamsutton/tvheadend-beta
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Enable timeshift under Config, Recording.

I can't answer what version is shipped with XBMCbuntu because I don't use it, I have a minimal Ubuntu running XBMC. Maybe somebody else can help here. My guess is XBMCBuntu also uses a PPA for TVH.

@jvloendersloot TVH works fine with Ziggo, when I compile from GIT or use the beta PPA. Your problem is caused by something else, which would be offtopic here. Also, devs can see more in logs that you can see Smile
@Frank-NL

Why is it off-topic? I think I know what you mean, but I use 3 * Floppydtv on one Ziggo Extra card, so that's why I use oscam. The point is that when I scan for channels with the normal version everything is working. When I switch the ppa to beta, it's not working anymore.

Or do you mean something else?

/edit

@Biggus XBMCubuntu is also using the ppa.
I did the same thing and had a similar problem after going to tvheahend beta then i found a new option to enable the capture card on each adapter config and it all started working.

(2013-03-27, 21:48)jvloendersloot Wrote: I'm also experimenting with UbuntuXBMC (the live version).

I have my main MediaPC which is in the livingroom, with Mediaportal and Argus TV. I have three clients which were installed with windows -> Mediaportal, but windows is not my thing, so now I use Linux Mint Debian Edition with xbmc 12.1 on my clients. This is al working extremely fine with Argus TV as tv-server and an oscam server on my debian homeserver. (Btw I have Ziggo as cable provider - The netherlands).

I have installed XBMCUbuntu Live on my main MediaPC and started testing with TV Headend. First the standard Live cd with all upgrades (Frodo 12.1 etc), but offcourse no timeshift. Zapping is much faster than Argus TV.

I decided to upgrade the adam sutton ppa to the beta version, installed it and I can't turn on my tv anymore. There's a buffer sign in the right top of the screen which does nothing. In my logs I can only see grace period expired.
Ok nothing to see, moving on.

I decided to install the swipex version because of the xvba and my radeon 5450 (yes I know I can better use Nvidia under linux, but on windows it works perfect and I still use Mediaportal and Argus as main). Still the same problem and also messages like connection to hts client lost etc etc.

Next step: fresh install of xbmclive, compiled the master branch and still the same errors. It look likes only the stable version of tvheadend is working with Ziggo. If I use any other version beta-ppa or master branch I can't tune to any channel anymore. Not even the FTA channels. There's also nothing to see in the log files, except the 'grace period expired'. Also I can't scan for channels, only with the stable release.

This is my first post this forum, because normally I can fix my problems myself with the help of google, but I can't find anythin, and the things I've found I already tried.

Hoping somebody can help me out.
Hi,

I tried the latest beta version of tvheadend yesterday (from the apt repo http://apt.tvheadend.org/beta)
Just to check out the timeshift features.

I am running linux mint (oneiric)

Since i installed the beta tvheadend version, my system locks up completely (cannot even ssh into the box) so have to hard reboot it using the power button, happened about 5 times in the last 24 hours, and it does not matter if i am watching live tv, or a local video, it even happens when i am not playing anything in xbmc.

I have now installed the latest stable version instead, and i am back to normal without any lockups.

Can you help me on where to start looking? , as it is locking up, i don't seem to get anything in the syslog indicating any errors.

Many thanks
Br
mrpg
@mrpg, I'd suggest reporting that in our bug tracker and we'll start there. Make sure you include the actual version being used (as reported by UI). And anything else you can think of (good starting point my include info about the tnuers, or better still a debug log of whatever you can get).

Adam
(2013-04-07, 12:37)the_mouse Wrote: I did the same thing and had a similar problem after going to tvheahend beta then i found a new option to enable the capture card on each adapter config and it all started working.

Yes, I enabled 1 capture card first, but still no luck. Tried the other ones also.

Did a frsh install of XBMCUbuntu again, set tvheadend ppa to -beta, reboot, selected the first firedtv card.
Left everything standard, execpt Original Network ID, which I entered with 9700 (my Ziggo area). Then add DVD Network by Location to Netherlands->nl_Ziggo.
After that I enabled the card and saved it, but still can't find any services.

Here's a piece of the debug log:
Code:
Apr 08 13:13:31.937 dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter2" tuning to "369,000 kHz" (Autoscan)
Apr 08 13:13:34.087 dvb: /dev/dvb/adapter2 started dvr thread
Apr 08 13:13:34.087 viasat_baltic: install table handlers
Apr 08 13:13:34.087 uk_freesat: install table handlers
Apr 08 13:13:34.087 eit: install table handlers
Apr 08 13:13:50.070 dvb: /dev/dvb/adapter2 stopping thread
Apr 08 13:13:50.124 dvb: /dev/dvb/adapter2 stopped thread
Apr 08 13:13:50.124 dvb: "/dev/dvb/adapter2" tuning to "356,000 kHz" (Autoscan)
Apr 08 13:13:56.719 dvb: /dev/dvb/adapter2 started dvr thread
Apr 08 13:13:56.719 viasat_baltic: install table handlers
Apr 08 13:13:56.719 uk_freesat: install table handlers
Apr 08 13:13:56.719 eit: install table handlers
Apr 08 13:13:57.947 dvb: Unable to configure demuxer "/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0" for all PIDs -- Connection timed out
Apr 08 13:13:57.947 dvb: Unable to install raw mux filter

I think it has something to do with the last 2 lines.

I think I'm stuck to Argus TV.
What sort of tuner is that, is it network connected or something (not a HDHR is it?) I wouldn't expect connection timed out for that ioctl() (except possibly with network tuners).

Anyway, try disabling full mux RX in the adapter configuration. Strange that wasn't detect at statrup, but then the API is shit for this kinda thing.

Adam
Hi Adam, I'm using three FloppyDTV Ci devices. It's for cable tv. Ziggo Netherlands (9700)

I'll try your solution tonight and will report back.

With the stable release everything is working.
(2013-03-27, 18:18)Frank-NL Wrote: I don't know what you mean by standard release, but I assume here that you mean the stable PPA for TVheadend.

To get the timeshift version:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:adamsutton/tvheadend-beta
sudo apt-get update

Enable timeshift under Config, Recording.

I would like to give this a try. Can I just install it over the stable release I have installed? If so I assume it will keep my settings?
Yes however TVheadend has moved from Launchpad to their own repository, so you need to follow these instructions:

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...Repository
(2013-04-10, 23:23)Frank-NL Wrote: Yes however TVheadend has moved from Launchpad to their own repository, so you need to follow these instructions:

Awesome! Thanks much!

edit: boo looks like my data was gone. Oh well only bad part is scanning for channels.
(2013-04-08, 16:13)adamsutton Wrote: What sort of tuner is that, is it network connected or something (not a HDHR is it?) I wouldn't expect connection timed out for that ioctl() (except possibly with network tuners).

Anyway, try disabling full mux RX in the adapter configuration. Strange that wasn't detect at statrup, but then the API is shit for this kinda thing.

Adam

Disabling Full Muxx didn't help either. No services found.

(2013-04-10, 23:23)Frank-NL Wrote: Yes however TVheadend has moved from Launchpad to their own repository, so you need to follow these instructions:

Hmm, maybe this is also my problem.
I used https://launchpad.net/~adamsutton/+archi...adend-beta
That repo is no longer maintained, and the beta one was last updated with the 3.2 beta's which are pretty ancient Smile

Adam
I also compiled the master branch and had the same problems. As soon as my daughter stops watching baby tv I'll give it a shot.(working @home).

/edit

YESS!

Live tv is working and all services are found. Thanks Frank-NL and Adam.
Now it's testing time.
So for a newbie like me for me now to enable time shifting I need to...

Open terminal and

curl http://apt.tvheadend.org/repo.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-add-repository http://apt.tvheadend.org/beta
sudo apt-get update
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift Support1