• 5(current)
Timeshift Support
Something like that, I use openelec as my frontend so I have a different setup.

I assume taking the --enable-timeshift off allows it to compile - as its only that class it complains about.

Its weird as I do pretty much the same.

git -b feature/timeshift clone https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend.git

which checkout the branch in one step.
Been using TVHeadend for a long-long time and I must say I am truly excited by the new features introduced by Adam!
It was about time some serious developer took over!
I just compiled the latest git version (had to make the timeshift_max_size to a smaller value otherwise it wouldn't compile as others posted previously) and pause works like a charm!
What makes me wonder is that rw/ff buttons are greyed out, though I think I saw other users post in this thread that they have been using them.
Am I doing something wrong?

PS. Adam, you rock, keep up the good work!
Can u please post how u fixed the max_timeshift to get it to work please as still having trouble with the box I am building for my mate

I do however have ff and rw working, but only on the windows frontend I have connected to my tvheadend. It will not work on my ubuntu/xbmcbuntu/raspbmc.
Hmmm, that is weird...
Makes sense, cause I have XBMC running on Ubuntu, but why on earth would that happen?
Anyway, concerning the compilation, I just changed the 10000 * 1048576LL value of timeshift_max_size to 1000000000, which should roughly be 1GB.
I am sure this is not the way to go, but at least it does compile that way.

Adam, any idea why rw/ff is only available in the Windows build?
I just checked the code and it seems the rw/ff buttons are disabled because XBMC is expecting TVHeadend to send "timeshiftseek" along with "timeshift" as a server capability in order to enable them, but the current version of TVHeadend does not send it (nor did any previous versions according to git log).
I tried changing the code to enable it, but of course it (almost) didn't work: the buttons were enabled, but only pressing ff IF already paused would work. All other presses of rw/ff would crash XBMC.
It makes me wonder, though, since you say it works in XBMC under Windows.
It definitely shouldn't, since the server side decides if the buttons should be enabled or not (let alone the fact that it seems the feature has not been implemented yet).
Adam, any insight would be appreciated...

EDIT: just realized that opdenkamp added this check to XBMC pvr-addons 12 days ago, so you might be running an older version under windows, hence the difference.
Are you sure it works properly, though?
Thanks for the info on timeshift_max_size. Worked like a charm.

You are right about rw and ff. They are active but not functional. Never actually tested them until now.

I am using Dec 10th build of RC1.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I have noticed however that buffer time is longer, and I am assuming this is down to the timeshift (as it needs to start recording to the buffer).

Would it be possible/viable to start playing, then timeshift after a few seconds of play? I'm sure this is how my Vu+ box handles timeshift which keeps the channel change nice and quick.

Please do not hesitate to bollock me if I am completely wrong, as I do not profess to know what I am talking about, and certainly would not even comprehend how to implement it into the script.

Thanks
for me ... ff and rw are both greyed out and not working/no function:

latest xbmc nightly from 1.1.2013 / hts addon 1.6.10 / tvheadend git checkout with timeshift from two days ago.

Secondly... timeshift seems to be completely broken with the above constellation... when i press pause... it pauses the currently playing station... then... after about 10 seconds.. i get tvheadend disconnect/reconnect.... and when i resume... playback skips forward to what is currently playing after 10 seconds.

(2013-01-02, 22:41)derelict Wrote: for me ... ff and rw are both greyed out and not working/no function:

latest xbmc nightly from 1.1.2013 / hts addon 1.6.10 / tvheadend git checkout with timeshift from two days ago.

Secondly... timeshift seems to be completely broken with the above constellation... when i press pause... it pauses the currently playing station... then... after about 10 seconds.. i get tvheadend disconnect/reconnect.... and when i resume... playback skips forward to what is currently playing after 10 seconds.

I have exactly the same issue's.

on my laptop I run xbmc beta without problems. Pause and ff/rw is working.
If i install pvr.hts 1.6.4 on xbmc RC2, pause and play are working again normal, but ff/rw are not working. I think the problem is a change inside xbmc (see post above)
HTS Tvheadend 3.3.218~g85bef87-dirty (64 bit)
xbmc dec 29th build, wsnipex (32 bit)
pvr addon 1.6.9

works great!
(2013-01-03, 10:24)basco Wrote: HTS Tvheadend 3.3.218~g85bef87-dirty (64 bit)
xbmc dec 29th build, wsnipex (32 bit)
pvr addon 1.6.9

works great!

Also ff/rw?

Can you post a link to pvr.hts 1.6.9?
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html

i will double check ff-rw tonight
the disconnect after 10 seconds will be fixed in the next update (1.6.11). had it fixed already but forgot to push it to github.
seek operations have been disabled in the add-on on purpose
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
oops....noticed I need a nightly build! D'oh!
When will it be posible to update PVR Clients directly inside xbmc?
as of now (when using nightlies or wsnipex etc)
(2013-01-03, 13:06)dushmaniac Wrote: seek operations have been disabled in the add-on on purpose

Is there any specific reason, why it has been disabled on purpose ?

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift Support1