Bug EPG is retrieved incorrectly (no descriptions)
Hello,

Please compare this 2 screenshoots:
- epg itemretrieved by vlc:
- the same epg item retrieved by tvheadend:

I mean "Mr Brooks" - movie and it should has full description.
As you can see, tvheadend is unable to retrieve full description. This is tested on fresh tvheadend installation to make sure there is nothing cached. But, everytime the result is the same - no item descriptions in epg. Any tips?
Can you mail me or attach a copy of your tvheadend epg db file. Typically stored under .hts/tvheadend/epgdb.v2.

You will need to stop tvh first to create the file.

Adam
Ok, mail is sent. I've attached my epgdb file. Almost all items has no description.
I think you'd better report this on lonelycoder. I have had a quick look at the file and it's not so much that the summary/description is missing but that its empty text. This is quite different as it implies that the grabber indeed saw the relevant descriptors but thinks they were empty.

This is not something I've seen before, possibly it could be some sort of encoding issue.

If you can obtain a small raw mux dump that would probably help me investigate what is going on.

Adam
(2012-12-04, 21:22)adamsutton Wrote: If you can obtain a small raw mux dump that would probably help me investigate what is going on.
No problem. I sent you sample links via email, so check your inbox. You can get check epg track, I hope this can help.
I can't register at lonelycoder redmine - registration doesn't work. So where should I report this bug?

[edit]
Ok, bug is reported at lonelycoder: https://www.lonelycoder.com/redmine/issues/1450 - there are mux dumps and epgdb as attachments. I hope it can be processed now.
Hello,

Is there any plans to fix this? Still no any reponse for my bug report and this looks like serious thing - epg don't work as should.
Have you tried latest master, I merged a pr and added a fix to eit processing that might explain this. But I wasnt thinking about this specific report at the time.

Adam
Yes, it seems problem is fixed in latest master. I compiled it just now and I have full descritpions for each item.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG is retrieved incorrectly (no descriptions)0