"Please insert the following CD/DVD" message
first of all let me say thank you for the great job you're doing with xbmc.

i am using the latest cvs (2004-02-12) and i would be pleased if someone could explain a little bit how this new feature works:

Quote:added: my videos: viewing imdb info of movies in your database now lets you set a dvd number

first of all: i use to label all my dvd's with the following scheme.

Quote:movies_###

so all my burned dvds (with avi's in them) are already numberd and labelled.

after upgrading xbmc to this new release i tried using the imdb feature and it works perfect... i get all the info's.

unfortunately, after downloading imdb info, when i try to play any of those movies i get this error:

"please insert the following cd/dvd - movies_014"

but that disc is already in the dvd player. please note that the movie started correctly before downloading imdb info.

after that, if i press the info button i have noticed that there is a "disc:" option, but i can only choose among "hd", "share", "dvd#01" ... "dvd#99".

if i set a movie let's say to "dvd#05" then when i try to play it i get this error:

"please insert the following cd/dvd - dvd#05"

i bet this is not a big problem and that i am probably missing the whole point of this nice new feature so i would be glad if someone could give me (and others) some hints on how to solve this.

thank you so much.
hello,

i get the exact same message as well. i found the only way around it was to have the xbmc auto boot videos and put the disc out and then back in again....but if i stopped the video and started it again, the message would pop back up...

cheers,

lip
same here too, but i have a better solution, go to my files and select the movie file in there and it will play.
lip,

unfortunately, that should not work when you have more than one avi an a dvd.

fagankev,

i have noticed that, but then imdb inf becomes pretty useless because when you want to view it you have to go to "my videos", but when you want to actually view the movie you have to go back and get into "my files".
sounds like a bug to me.
moving to "bug discussion".
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Please insert the following CD/DVD" message0